Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, red vs maroon would be an absolute s**t show, there is no way it would be better.

As KissKiss mentioned, if Essendon had like a white or sky blue third strip, that would be handy. But with the strips that they currently have, the home guernsey and away shorts is by far the best combination in an away game against Brisbane.

Hmm, might explain the weird design we’ve got this year but still a black back, but thought that was why they now did indigenous month so everyone can wear their jumper and not clash.

Although I think Geelong did 2 versions!
Are Pies wearing the Doug Nicholls jumper this weekend? Not sure why they didn’t design a predominantly white version also like how Brisbane did too since Carlton’s jumper has more white than normal this week. Actually, I do know, it’s because the AFL never thinks anything more than 5 minutes ahead.

Are Pies wearing the Doug Nicholls jumper this weekend? Not sure why they didn’t design a predominantly white version also like how Brisbane did too since Carlton’s jumper has more white than normal this week. Actually, I do know, it’s because the AFL never thinks anything more than 5 minutes ahead.

The original article said for all indigenous rounds so I guess we are.

Then we’ll wear it again next week v North who have gone very white.

Did we play Carlton during indigenous month last year too? I recall the lighter blue jumper.

Did we play Carlton during indigenous month last year too? I recall the lighter blue jumper.
Yep worked well but it was our home game last year

Yes we did. I kinda wish we didn’t play Carlton during the special jumper rounds as I like to see them in the classic navy blue

UEFA channelling the AFL in the Champions League this morning.

16soccer-milan-mwcq-articleLarge.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All teams are wearing their indigenous guernseys this week

Port Adelaide - Indigenous with black shorts vs Melbourne - Indigenous with white shorts - No clash

North Melbourne - Indigenous with blue shorts vs Sydney - Indigenous with red shorts - No clash

Western Bulldogs - Indigenous with blue shorts vs Adelaide - Indigenous with white shorts - Arguably a clash (royal blue vs navy blue) but I say it's fine

Fremantle - Indigenous with purple shorts vs Geelong - Indigenous with white shorts - No clash

Brisbane - Indigenous with maroon shorts vs Gold Coast - Indigenous with white shorts - Arguably a clash (Yellow centerpiece logo, alot going on around it, blue on the side of Brisbane's guernsey, both have a blue top.) Back's fine, but the front I feel can be a clash and this thread could get bumped

Essendon - Indigenous with black shorts vs Richmond - Indigenous with white shorts - No clash

Hawthorn - Indigenous with brown shorts vs West Coast - Indigenous with white shorts - Arguably a clash (Very similar design elements with quite a bit of yellow on the front of West Coast's guernsey) Back's fine, but the front I feel is a clash. This thread likely to be bumped for that game

Carlton - Indigenous with blue shorts vs Collingwood - Indigenous with white shorts - Arguable a clash (There's enough white on the front that the front isn't. But the base of Collingwood's back is black - Wont be a clash which effects players. But I can see it being terrible on tv for the fans)

Greater Western Sydney - Indigenous with white shorts vs St Kilda - Indigenous with black shorts - No clash

Brisbane - Indigenous with maroon shorts vs Gold Coast - Indigenous with white shorts - Arguably a clash (Yellow centerpiece logo, alot going on around it, blue on the side of Brisbane's guernsey, both have a blue top.) Back's fine, but the front I feel can be a clash and this thread could get bumped
should be ok but hard to judge and will see on the day - hoping the blue is quite bright to help differentiate

1684472366634.png v 1684472409062.png

UEFA channelling the AFL in the Champions League this morning.

16soccer-milan-mwcq-articleLarge.jpg

Weird pic to display with little shorts or socks on show so not providing the entire context. There normally aren't issues with this fixture.

Inter and Milan generally wear their home shirts in their match-ups. They both have black shorts and dark/coloured socks in their main kits, so when Milan are away they wear their white shorts and socks from their infamous all-white strip, and Inter do same when they're the away club. With the red & blue distinction in their shirts, it works well.

Last edited:
Different front and backs of singlets is a common theme in AFL though, at every level. There are much worse than Port in local leagues.
That might be true.

GWS - Charcoal front, Orange back.
Sydney - White front, Red back.
Port Adelaide - Black front, White back.

The issue with Port is the particular matchup with North Melbourne.

North's kit is light based. So what is Port's choice? Go with a complete clash (white with blue lines vs white with teal/black chevrons) or a half clash (white with blue lines, vs a black front/white back)

Ideally, Port should be wearing black shorts either way against North. It's doing the best of a bad situation.
If only Port stuck with their 2010-16 guernseys.

Have just seen a photo of the VFLW game between Collingwood and the Saints and let me just say it isn't pleasing to the eye

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 6.50.23 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back