Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide refused in their final vs Richmond

AFL told them to wear white as the home team, they decided to go the prison bars.
They asked permission from the AFL to wear the prison bars and the AFL agreed. They also agreed to wear their clash if the prison bar guernseys didn't arrive in time.

There is no clash here, blue vs large chunks of black and white is fine

Port Adelaide refused in their final vs Richmond

AFL told them to wear white as the home team, they decided to go the prison bars.

No they didn’t, they were given permission to wear it.

I mean no club has ever run out in the wrong strip and copped the $5000 fine per head.

It’s not up to club to fix this. It’s the AFL’s job to tell them what to wear.

Attachments

• 512E4EE8-72B6-4ACD-80AB-FBAF0B578549.jpeg
    512E4EE8-72B6-4ACD-80AB-FBAF0B578549.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 22
  • B9780205-9CA0-470F-9842-F2B0E629B88D.jpeg
    B9780205-9CA0-470F-9842-F2B0E629B88D.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 8CD8782C-7DD0-43FF-973B-70D84F3F8BB4.jpeg
    8CD8782C-7DD0-43FF-973B-70D84F3F8BB4.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 16
Dont they only have 3 colours

Yellow - Clashes with Hawthorn
Lime Green - Clashes with Hawthorn
Light Blue - Arguably clashes with West Coast (I can tell the difference as the shades are vastly different. Do people complain when we see Chelsea vs Manchester City in their shades of blue?)
They should keep a white strip for the umpires for instances where neither teams have it.

You've done it historically, but not in your most recent Dreamtime game.

In 2022.

b38096c4aa428dd1c241b3395b906d4e8738cddf-16x9-x0y0w2048h1152.jpg

Richmond's big yellow numbers help as viewers mostly see players backs or sides.

Even the Channel 7 scorebug has to differentiate the two teams by using Yellow vs Red.

You've done it historically, but not in your most recent Dreamtime game.

In 2022.

b38096c4aa428dd1c241b3395b906d4e8738cddf-16x9-x0y0w2048h1152.jpg

Richmond's big yellow numbers help as viewers mostly see players backs or sides.

Even the Channel 7 scorebug has to differentiate the two teams by using Yellow vs Red.

Last year was a ridiculous balls up by all involved.

Essendon chose a black strip because they wore a Red strip in 2021. Richmond chose a Black strip because they were the home team.
The mix up came about because all 2020 blockbusters kept the same home team for 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NRL had an absolute mare last night.

View attachment 1696541

I wouldn't call it a mare. Redcliffe are predominately red, and Saints are in white.

Yeah I saw this and thought Saints 'could' be in a different strip/colour, but as is the Australian-way, their away is mostly red with white trim, i.e., maintaining their club colours.

Redcliffe were wearing their traditional strip last night which they do when they play at Dolphin Stadium. If they played at Lang Park, they would've used the one with gold in it which may have been better for the match.

I wouldn't call it a mare. Redcliffe are predominately red, and Saints are in white.

Yeah I saw this and thought Saints 'could' be in a different strip/colour, but as is the Australian-way, their away is mostly red with white trim, i.e., maintaining their club colours.

Redcliffe were wearing their traditional strip last night which they do when they play at Dolphin Stadium. If they played at Lang Park, they would've used the one with gold in it which may have been better for the match.
There both red and white and the shorts are basically identical (white with red piping/sides).

Not sure how thats anything but a mare, the rest of your justification of why they are wearing the kits is completely irrelevant to the whole "clash fail". This ones a shocker

The NRL had an absolute mare last night.

View attachment 1696541
Due to the nature of the game, it's a far smaller issue.

What is interesting (and something I hadn't considered before), no matter what combination of those two clubs jersey's you used, you'd always come up with a clash due to their primary colours being the same.

For clarity I’m not suggesting it was akin to the afl issues but as you can see from the wide shot posted in broken play it was awful.

Dolphins were red with white shoulders/sleeves and white shorts with a red trim

Dragons we’re white with a red v and white shorts with a red trim

If that was an AFL it would be about as bad as you could get. It’s swans home kit with swans away kit but both in white shorts really.

If the hawks go white shorts and saints black shorts it might not be awful but it certainly isn’t great
Saints will be in black shorts as it's our home game. Plus Hawk Indigenous Guernsey is almost completely yellow front and back, there wont be an issue at all regardless of shorts. The Umpires are more of a concern.

Saints will be in black shorts as it's our home game. Plus Hawk Indigenous Guernsey is almost completely yellow front and back, there wont be an issue at all regardless of shorts. The Umpires are more of a concern.
I mean, yellow and yellow...

I dont think it will be bad by any stretch but it could be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back