Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Logic test here!

Here’s tonight’s jumpers...

1557480046029.gif

1557480089675.gif

Essendon could wear black, or white shorts.

Which should it be?

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
They’re in black shorts!!!! Amazing
That always happens in this match up. Clubs are exempt from the white shorts rule versus Sydney.

The problem is when teams are put in white shorts when they play, for example, Geelong. The white shorts away rule needs a complete overhaul.

That always happens in this match up. Clubs are exempt from the white shorts rule versus Sydney.

The problem is when teams are put in white shorts when they play, for example, Geelong. The white shorts away rule needs a complete overhaul.
The fact that its even a rule in todays game baffles me. Let teams just wear their colours.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
coloured shorts
lebron-lakers-warriors-preseason.jpg
- even yellow - look fine in like the nba - ie lakers

I think it's a bit difficult to compare to other sports, though. Soccer has many examples of teams both wearing all yellow (or a similar colour which people would consider an eyesore in the AFL) kits and teams wearing a seemingly random colour for their shorts, socks or both.

Take perhaps the two most famous national team kits, Brazil and Argentina. We'd consider it a complete mess if an AFL team ran out in yellow guernseys with green numbers, blue shorts and white socks. In soccer though, it's a timeless classic.

For what it's worth outside of people just automatically hating the idea behind the M&Ms and Livestrong Carlton kits, I've seen plenty worse in my time.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hawthorn vs GWS is a poor looking clash.

Why aren't GWS in their white jumper?

Gold vs Orange is too similar.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Totally agree . Just switch the orange and the white on the giants jersey and easily fixed.

Horrible clash made worse by the fact they are the two ugliest jerseys in the afl

Apr 21, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't understand why this is so hard.

Every club should have a majority white clash jumper. If the regular jumper of the away team even slightly clashes with the regular jumper of the home team, the away team wear their white jumper.

They should always lean on the side of caution. If there's even a slight thought of "yeah it might clash but only if you have bad eyesight" a team should wear a clash jumper.

It's common sense.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls

Every club should have a majority white clash jumper. If the regular jumper of the away team even slightly clashes with the regular jumper of the home team, the away team wear their white jumper.

They should always lean on the side of caution. If there's even a slight thought of "yeah it might clash but only if you have bad eyesight" a team should wear a clash jumper.

It's common sense.
Every club doesn't NEED a White clash jumper. They do need adequate clash jumpers (which GWS have, and it so happens to be white).

The problem is it wasn't worn, not the lack of one.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood

It's common sense.

Doesn’t have to be white just needs to not clash with the home team

Most of all it needs to be worn when required.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
This thread is odd, it’s like having a cricket thread on the main board to discuss all cricket in one thread when we’ve got a whole board that discusses these issues every minute of the day. We’d love to have you around Bunk Moreland
It's good to see the issue raised on the MB though. It gets a more mainstream audience, not just the jumper nuffies.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
This thread is odd, it’s like having a cricket thread on the main board to discuss all cricket in one thread when we’ve got a whole board that discusses these issues every minute of the day. We’d love to have you around Bunk Moreland

Assume you’re referring the FJGD board? I like it, I spend a bit of time there, don’t have any graphic design skills whatsoever so don’t really contribute.

This thread is actually more about the baffling inability of the AFL to implement this when it’s by and large so bloody easy. In 90% of cases the clubs don’t even need new strips - their exisiting strips work fine. But the AFL for some reason don’t tell them to wear the right thing.

Yesterday is a prime example. The Giants away strip would’ve been fine. And they’ve worn it in the past against Hawthorn! How does it even happen?

Back