Jumper clash fails

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TY24

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
Oops. So a fail for WCE and the AFL for designing and approving an indigenous jumper that would clash in indigenous round.
Indigenous Round goes for 2 weeks so we'll be wearing it next week @ home to the Dogs, who will be in the same boat. They won't be allowed to wear their indigenous strip away to us.

Billy ray

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Indigenous Round goes for 2 weeks so we'll be wearing it next week @ home to the Dogs, who will be in the same boat. They won't be allowed to wear their indigenous strip away to us.
I dont think they will wear it the week after as its WA day weekend - i think i heard that somewhere

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
What happened with the Eagles? Could they not have had a yellow indigenous jumper for this week? They still could’ve worn it last week at home if they wanted to, with Melbourne in all navy.

greatwhiteshark

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
What happened with the Eagles? Could they not have had a yellow indigenous jumper for this week? They still could’ve worn it last week at home if they wanted to, with Melbourne in all navy.
TheAFL approved our indigenous jumper then fixtures us against a club the jumper apparently clashes with. Nothing to do with the Eagles. AFL performing like Auskick management again.

matthew_s

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
what about the umpires? just more stupidity from the AFL. Couldn't shell out to get the umpires in Indigenous kit for this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn United

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
They did wear it last week, with Melbourne in their redback jumper.

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
They did wear it last week, with Melbourne in their redback jumper.
Yes I know. My question is why didn’t they have a yellow indigenous jumper they could’ve worn this week along with the other 17 clubs.

And if they wanted to wear it at home, they still could have last week, as yellow doesn’t clash with Melbourne’s navy.

Hawthorn United

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Yes I know. My question is why didn’t they have a yellow indigenous jumper they could’ve worn this week along with the other 17 clubs.

And if they wanted to wear it at home, they still could have last week, as yellow doesn’t clash with Melbourne’s navy.
That's assuming the AFL industry plan ahead.

larrikin

AFL Club
West Coast

Given we've always worn the royal blue against Adelaide in Adelaide (and in fact we were going to be wearing the royal blue wings up until late in the week), it's a stretch to suggest the club could've reasonably foreseen that a one-off jumper designed by an external artist, given appropriate freedom, would've clashed with another one-off jumper designed by an external artist with appropriate freedom.

mcgarnacle

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Anzac Jumpers, Indigenous jumpers etc...Can't they simply celebrate Anzac Day with a logo of a poppy on the jumper. and Indigenous Round with the Aboriginal flag as a logo on the jumper?

1558939716434.png
1558939736923.png
1558939774350.png

simple, and it does not **** up the match-day presentation

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon

Collins-Langford-Ayres

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers

Hawthorn United

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
These special themed jumpers seem to be ok, but some fans draw the line at clash jumpers. Weird position to take.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

caloschwaby

The One and Only
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
Not necessarily jumper clash fails, but a few pretty basic contrast fails this round.

1559446097303.png

Would it have hurt to put Richmond in black shorts? Instead you introduce a bit of an eyesore where there wasn't one to begin with.

872ba6fb9cc3f7d18a6bc5184f3a1e76.jpg

On the other side of the spectrum, we move away from the traditional "coloured shorts = home, white = away" with the game at the Gabba last night. Why wouldn't Brisbane wear their dark shorts? Especially when it compliments the dark end of their beautiful guernsey. Just looks awkward.

Top Bottom