Jumper clash fails

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
A place to post, discuss and celebrate examples of the AFL’s mystifying inability to get this most simple of concepts right.

Tonight, game 1 of the season. After Richmond wore a clash strip against Adelaide in the GF.

Richmond (black) vs Carlton (navy blue which might as well be black).

AFL: no clash.

A place to post, discuss and celebrate examples of the AFL’s mystifying inability to get this most simple of concepts right.

Tonight, game 1 of the season. After Richmond wore a clash strip against Adelaide in the GF.

But the school shorts they're wearing...

I’m surprised Richmond didn’t wear their own clash strip anyway given the GF

Regardless, what did you expect? Carlton are a protected species when it comes to jumper clashes, much like Essendon + Collingwood and Hawthorn to a lesser extent

Clearly shorts do the job, so we can get rid of clash jumpers.

Why not be like every sport in the world, every team have a home and away jumper? Simples.

I don't really see it tonight, to be honest. And I usually struggle. There's enough white on Carlton's jumper to nullify the navy.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m surprised Richmond didn’t wear their own clash strip anyway given the GF

Regardless, what did you expect? Carlton are a protected species when it comes to jumper clashes, much like Essendon + Collingwood and Hawthorn to a lesser extent

Essendon got told they need a clash jumper because matches need to be “dark versus light”.

We’re not required to wear it against Carlton. Work that out.

There was this doozy from the last game at Football Park:

cOZpt63.jpg

and the umps dumb enough to wear yellow

Essendon got told they need a clash jumper because matches need to be “dark versus light”.

We’re not required to wear it against Carlton. Work that out.
If we ever have another home game against you I'll be curious to see what jumper you wear

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m going to take a really simple approach and base it on the main colour of the jumper.

Black vs navy blue. It’s a clash.
Essendon and Carlton don't wear a clash jumper against each other either. The shorts are more than enough to differentiate Ess/Rich vs Carlton.

I think Collingwood probably clashes with Carlton more than Essendon and Richmond do and they don't wear a clash jumper

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon and Carlton don't wear a clash jumper against each other either. The shorts are more than enough to differentiate Ess/Rich vs Carlton.

I think Collingwood probably clashes with Carlton more than Essendon and Richmond do and they don't wear a clash jumper

Yes, they’re all wrong.

Coll, Ess, Rich and Carl all clash. They’re all black (Carlton are effectively black) with white numbers. All should wear clash strips against each other.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes, they’re all wrong.

Coll, Ess, Rich and Carl all clash. They’re all black (Carlton are effectively black) with white numbers. All should wear clash strips against each other.
I'd say only probably Ess/Rich and Coll/Carl clash. I think the less clash jumpers, the better.

The one that I'm bewildered at is Richmond needing to wear a clash jumper against Adelaide, but Essendon not requiring to do so.

And for some reason the AFL decided that this year, we clash against West Coast and not Port Adelaide even though we always wear a clash jumper against Port and never against West Coast

Back