Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

That matchup works fine and is what Eddie is suggesting will happen in 2019.

It would be better if the Pies wore white shorts and Carlton their navy, particularly since Geelong constantly get forced into white shorts for their home games, but hey, it's a small thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL should fine the Pies until they come up with a true clash jumper, none of this Black on White, White on Black BS.
******* lol.

It was our home game. Our clash strip works fine against everyone. We only clashed with Carlton because we wore our home shorts, as we were entitled to.

******* lol.

It was our home game. Our clash strip works fine against everyone. We only clashed with Carlton because we wore our home shorts, as we were entitled to.

Carlton should have worn grey. That is their official clash jumper.

Problem is that both Collingwood and Carlton insist on this game being an exception to the rule, and that Carlton simply "must" wear navy blue because tradition. It just doesn't work with Carlton wearing navy blue and white shots, some part of tradition needs to go.

Carlton should have worn grey. That is their official clash jumper.

Problem is that both Collingwood and Carlton insist on this game being an exception to the rule, and that Carlton simply "must" wear navy blue because tradition. It just doesn't work with Carlton wearing navy blue and white shots, some part of tradition needs to go.
I agree

As a Collingwood supporter, which of the following would you have preferred:
  1. Collingwood wearing current away strip for a home game, and Carlton in full navy blue incl. shorts
  2. Collingwood wearing home home strip and Cartlon wearing the grey away kit?
Just curious...

As a Collingwood supporter, which of the following would you have preferred:
  1. Collingwood wearing current away strip for a home game, and Carlton in full navy blue incl. shorts
  2. Collingwood wearing home home strip and Cartlon wearing the grey away kit?
Just curious...
Option 2. I understand that Eddie feels that some traditions need to be maintained but * it, they can wear pink for all I care - they need to find a way not to clash with us if it’s our home game, just like we do when we play any other team in the competition.

FWIW I also believe if Port want to wear the prison bar against us they should also be entitled to at home, but that’s a bit skewed given in lead to believe it was a condition of their entry that they don’t.

To think this could be resolved with a mature and rational agreement between the two clubs.
That ain't going to happen Eddie is insisting on the black shorts. It's like he understands people didn't like it but doesn't actually get what it is they didn't like.

We want 2 teams in contrasting uniforms white with black shorts and navy with white shorts doesn't really solve much.

Should be white with white or black with black vs Navy with Navy or Grey with Grey.

Its kinda nice not needing to worry about this s**t :thumbsu:

Best looking clash strip the last 20yrs : Saints "candy stripe" guernsey from around 2005ish. Just looked excellent.
Worst looking clash strips : Carltons powder blue monstrosity.

No idea why this is still going on *
Start with white shorts away no matter what.

* As a kid i had no probs with Pies V North on a black and white tv.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back