Team Captain
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Here's some from a few weeks ago

View attachment 677441
View attachment 677442

The bottom one from my other post was a Collingwood home game. So Carlton should've been made to wear their clash. But for some reason they never do against other "Big 4" teams.

Sorta my point.
I mentioned Collingwood but Carlton are just as bad.
They keep trying clash strips, they just all suck like that grey thing last year.

I get the meaning with the traditional jumper, but doesn't mean clubs cant do something different for 2 or 3 games a year.
After all how often does black and white or navy and white clash?

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
And just to sprinkle on a little more stupid - Collingwood's clash jumper is what they have worn for the majority of their existence, so they should just wear it for every game against Carlton, Richmond and Essendon. But they don't because Eddie claims their black-based jumper is more traditional.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorta my point.
I mentioned Collingwood but Carlton are just as bad.
They keep trying clash strips, they just all suck like that grey thing last year.

I get the meaning with the traditional jumper, but doesn't mean clubs cant do something different for 2 or 3 games a year.
After all how often does black and white or navy and white clash?
Mate, I'm with you most of the way. I just disagreed when you said "No Collingwood, white with black and black with white are not different." They actually are.

Bound For Rory

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mate, I'm with you most of the way. I just disagreed when you said "No Collingwood, white with black and black with white are not different." They actually are.

To an extent.
From the back the clash is reduced to virtually nil.

If there is an issue at the front it isn't really solved by the clash because the clash strip changes the background colour mainly (and order of stripes?)

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
9c14e7cc6eb01b953b8ff55d9c2edd17

So 34 pages in, is there ANYONE who seriously thinks the above isn't a clash?

Outside of anyone at the AFL that is.

The Blue Baggers

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
9c14e7cc6eb01b953b8ff55d9c2edd17

So 34 pages in, is there ANYONE who seriously thinks the above isn't a clash?

Outside of anyone at the AFL that is.

That was Eddies fault for changing the Magpie jumper

Good news he has seen the light & has stated the Magpies will wear the traditional white based jumper with black nos in all games v the Blues !!

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Mr Rocket Scientist: It doesnt matter whose home game it was, it was an obvious clash and the away team should've worn a clash strip.

Your question was asking why Collingwood didn’t wear their clash strip, not Carlton.

Carlton don’t wear their clash strip against Collingwood because Eddie doesn’t want them to and the AFL has a separate set of rules for the ‘big 4’ when it comes to clashes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bound For Rory

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your question was asking why Collingwood didn’t wear their clash strip, not Carlton.

Carlton don’t wear their clash strip against Collingwood because Eddie doesn’t want them to and the AFL has a separate set of rules for the ‘big 4’ when it comes to clashes.

My question was more related to why wasnt a clash strip worn.
I never actually said Collingwood.

Its pathetic really. We get it, you like your guernsey, but do what everyone else has to.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
My question was more related to why wasnt a clash strip worn.
I never actually said Collingwood.

Its pathetic really. We get it, you like your guernsey, but do what everyone else has to.
Blame the AFL for not enforcing the clash policy for 'traditional' match ups.

West Coast can't wear royal blue against purple, yet Carlton can wear navy and white against black and white.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

It’s mainly just Collingwood actually. Essendon and Richmond have done the clash thing for a few years now. If the pies had a stuck with a white based jumper like they traditionally had, there’s be many fewer clashes but the desire to block the prison bars meant they had to be dicks and ruin it for everyone.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s mainly just Collingwood actually. Essendon and Richmond have done the clash thing for a few years now. If the pies had a stuck with a white based jumper like they traditionally had, there’s be many fewer clashes but the desire to block the prison bars meant they had to be dicks and ruin it for everyone.
Collingwood aren't the problem. They have been open to wear their white strip in games against Carlton, and it wouldnt surprise me if they do the same in Richmond and Essendon matches.

Carlton/Essendon and Carlton/Richmond are the only big 4 clash holdouts, and since Richmond and Essendon have been wearing clash strips for many years, I doubt we're the problem...

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
That was Eddies fault for changing the Magpie jumper

Good news he has seen the light & has stated the Magpies will wear the traditional white based jumper with black nos in all games v the Blues !!

I bet they wear it with black shorts. And Carlton wear white shorts. And it’ll look just as s**t.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I bet they wear it with black shorts. And Carlton wear white shorts. And it’ll look just as ****.

My first instinct is surely they couldn't be that stupid.

But sadly there's probably a very good chance they are.

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
If the AFL allowed the above with white shorts as the differential i am confused why they are not allowing this

View attachment 678258

Neither should happen yet one did.
Big 4 i guess
Where does the AFL say the above can't be worn? Just been trying to find it, but can't see it anywhere.

Back