Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
When you "refuse" to wear their clash tops against each other....

for example,
Richmond v Port. Clash top
Port v Carlton Clash top
Richmond v Carlton.......Nope, nothing to see here.

The pressure you 4 put on the AFL has caused this crapshow to not be fixed and the AFL Gutless policy led to a game which was just shameful for all concerned. Even now, some fans are calling to change the home strips(which INCLUDES THE SHORTS) to match with your style which I think that arrogant.

Don't get me wrong, your clubs are doing what it thinks best for its members. It up to the AFL to force change and come up with a clear policy which is consistent with all clubs and the modern age of 18 teams. lol. as if that is ever going to happen.

I reckon it’s because Melbourne derby games are in Melbourne in front of their supporters so less likely to change, unlike say a match interstate vs Port

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
As a Collingwood supporter I'd have no problem with us wearing our white jumper and shorts at home against Carlton, Essendon and Richmond.

But you know it can’t stop there....what about St Kilda & Melbourne. Fair enough for away games but if you add all those home games to it, the current home jumper will soon be redundant. Collingwood don’t want that.

Tbh, i reckon Collingwood and all those clubs (ex St Kilda) could get away with using the home jumper in a pied home game, but it’s Collingwood that must wear white shorts in these games, and Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne, Richmond wear the navy/black shorts. It’s ridiculous to have those clubs wear white which is already in the Collingwood jumper. St Kilda would need to use their alternate, so Collingwood wear black shorts at home to them. Same when home vs Port.

In Collingwood away matches vs all these clubs, then most certainly The pies should use their full white strip to enhance differentiation.

End of day, it’s an 18 team league. It doesn’t need clubs going full * like St Kilda did with fluoro yellow, or North wearing orange.

Last edited:

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Yellow shorts ? Worn a couple of times in the Eagles 1st year !!

White is fine, it does the job against WB and north. If anything, the jumper probably needs narrower blue wings than the gold on the home jumper. Afterall, it’s the blue that WCE needs to minimise in against these clubs

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
I agree, except I hate how our white shorts look with our yellow away top.

Freo has done a good job of owning its all white clash kit.
I wish we would do the same or come up with another combo.

The white shorts away rule should be abolished, West Coast’s yellow clash jumper with yellow shorts would be great as it’s a full yellow kit. Look back, Adelaide’s 2016/17 yellow jumper did look awkward with the white shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Tonight will be marginally better than last week. But it could be perfect.
B90E9D8D-E31F-412E-9087-731586A08041.jpeg
65F6D38C-B463-4589-B836-AB0E08EE491A.jpeg
2B917712-C467-4C07-9C52-B499CFCF6D79.jpeg

Like this from geelongs actual home ground in 2016.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
You guys would lose your s**t if you switched to the NRL final now - both rabbits and roosters with white shorts
Different sport. They run in one direction and hit eachother with their neckless bodies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
For the second week in a row I think everybody has sat around a table and said “what’s the worst combination we can come up with?”

Geelong want to give themselves and fans a home game feel. Perhaps they wouldn’t mind the colour of shorts if the game were at KP.

I’m not saying any of that is right, just the way things are for Geelong, and how the white shorts stigma is so great in AFL because it is the way it’s always been done in the sport and persisted with today at many levels.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Geelong want to give themselves and fans a home game feel. Perhaps they wouldn’t mind the colour of shorts if the game were at KP.

I’m not saying any of that is right, just the way things are for Geelong, and how the white shorts stigma is so great in AFL because it is the way it’s always been done in the sport and persisted with today at many levels.
Except this same match up at geelong a few years back was geelong in white shorts

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

It’s not Geelong’s call though. Both clubs wear what the AFL tells them.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
It’s not Geelong’s call though. Both clubs wear what the AFL tells them.

Or let’s them, is probably more appropriate.

My theory only but I reckon the AFL have been lenient in these matches involving Geelong because of the Geelong home finals issues, i.e. no KP finals so allowing them to have the home team look which is what coloured/black shorts is generally associated with in this sport.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Eddie making his very self serving arguments about white shorts.
It ain’t self serving, it is simple common sense.

The notion of white shorts for away team is aligned and to the now ludicrous time when white shorts for the away team was deemed the way of differentiating teams.

Simple common sense tells you that is a nonsense.

All that needs to happen is each team comes up with two outfits

1 - a dark strip
2 - a light strip

If you are playing at home you get to pick whether you want to wear the light or dark strip.

It is simple common sense, Geelong have a predominately white jumper....so they wear white shorts to create their ‘light’ strip.

It really isn’t hard, ‘White’ Shorts for away is now redundant

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Geelong ‘clash’ jumper is the inverse. A navy blue jumper with white hoops, navy blue shorts and navy blue socks...

It really isn’t hard

Geelong in a predominantly white jumper, deciding to wear dark blue shorts is idiotic.

Even more so against a team who is going to play in a blue jumper!!

Simple common sense, Geelong play in a light strip which is white shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back