Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL makes the Gold Coast wear blue when they play Hawthorn because, as we can see, brown/yellow clashes with red/yellow.

This inconsistent application of rules demonstrates not just bias, but incompetence. Sack those in charge. Draft a clear, concise jumper policy without room for absolute howlers like this.

I really like our 2017 Premiership guernsey ... it represents a very special day for all Tigers fans
This is what I have said to Collingwood idiots who scream "tradishunn" regarding a suitable clash.

Arsenal fans associate the club with our home red and white, and away yellow and blue.
Why?

Because when you create history in a jumper you get attached to it.
I knew heaps of Tiggies fans who hated their clash, then 2017 happens, you see all the memorabilia, on top of it, its a really nice jumper.

And had Richmond won another flag or 2 in it, in 10-20 years time you look back on it with a bit of nostalgia.

If Collingwood had worn all black against Geelong in 2011 like in the praccy match photo, and won, they would have bought they jumper en masse and would be talking about how they love the all black kit.

The AFL makes the Gold Coast wear blue when they play Hawthorn because, as we can see, brown/yellow clashes with red/yellow.

This inconsistent application of rules demonstrates not just bias, but incompetence. Sack those in charge. Draft a clear, concise jumper policy without room for absolute howlers like this.
I agree with the point you're making, but this particular example is incorrect
1619322542663.png

I have to admit the Hawks v Crows was worse in the direct sunlight. The jumpers were easier to see and became more distinct as it became more overcast. The contrast wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL: OK guys what will we be wearing on ANZAC Day. As home team Collingwood, you can pretty much wear what you want

Collingwood: We have a jumper with even more black than usual

AFL: Sounds good. Essendon, how about you.

Essendon: Just our standard Black with poppy sash

AFL: Brilliant. Can't see any clash issues at all

Collingwood just should have obliged Essendon to wear all white being the home side.

These two guernsey designs put together is peak stupid.
Thankfully they've sorted out a solution - Collingwood is the team with the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back