Jumper clash fails

Mar 13, 2006
Perth Central
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NY Giants, UM Wolverines
Well done on Sydney & GWS sorting this out so that everyone wins. Surely more clubs can sort this out amongst themselves and not leave it up to the not so capable hands at AFL house (even if they have to provide the final tick off).

Always thought for WCE home games against Richmond, we should be in the yellow peril with blue shorts with Richmond in the standard jumper with white shorts.
  1. Node back to our first ever game against Richmond.
  2. Richmond avoids wearing the WA state of Origin in WA (I'm being a little facetious here).
  3. We don't always play Richmond in Perth so it's not even that often.
  4. Peril with royal blue shorts is the most fantastic combo in the comp (Fight me!)

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Well done on Sydney & GWS sorting this out so that everyone wins. Surely more clubs can sort this out amongst themselves and not leave it up to the not so capable hands at AFL house (even if they have to provide the final tick off).

Always thought for WCE home games against Richmond, we should be in the yellow peril with blue shorts with Richmond in the standard jumper with white shorts.
  1. Node back to our first ever game against Richmond.
  2. Richmond avoids wearing the WA state of Origin in WA (I'm being a little facetious here).
  3. We don't always play Richmond in Perth so it's not even that often.
  4. Peril with royal blue shorts is the most fantastic combo in the comp (Fight me!)

It's great for a Swans home-designated match.

For a Giants home-designated match, Western Sydney should be able to wear their full home uni and the Swans wear an alternate - probably the south melbourne singlet with white shorts.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's great for a Swans home-designated match.

For a Giants home-designated match, Western Sydney should be able to wear their full home uni and the Swans wear an alternate - probably the south melbourne singlet with white shorts.
Maybe, but GWS could just wear it for every derby because it's a way better jumper than their regular one. The charcoal or black or whatever it is gives them a bad boy image that's really fitting up against Sydney too.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
1631411303989.png

Sufficient contrast. Doggies almost light blue these days. Dees almost black.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
On any rational planet the Dogs would be in white on GF day, which looks great and does the job perfectly.

They won’t be.

Can’t see why any Dogs fan would have a problem being in their clash jumper. It’s very obviously a Bulldogs jumper, same design and colours as the home just in mostly white.

Same as Richmond 2017 was obviously a Richmond jumper and same with Freo 2013. It’s only an issue if you’re rocking something like the Hawks power ranger kit or the white clash the Crows had in the 2012 prelim.

doggiesin08

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Can’t see why any Dogs fan would have a problem being in their clash jumper. It’s very obviously a Bulldogs jumper, same design and colours as the home just in mostly white.

Same as Richmond 2017 was obviously a Richmond jumper and same with Freo 2013. It’s only an issue if you’re rocking something like the Hawks power ranger kit or the white clash the Crows had in the 2012 prelim.
I don’t think many if any would.

Marns

Back from the dead
Sep 14, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
As long as the Dees are in navy (tops and shorts), it doesn't matter what jumper the Dogs wear. Royal blue along with white shorts makes more than enough of a distinction (as we've seen twice already this season).

These teams don’t clash, no clash jumper was worn in either of the 2 games they played earlier in they year. Easy to tell apart.
890C41F9-C151-4548-8BB6-83A9723A92C0.jpeg
46EC7BA4-C36D-4983-A993-1835F36A467F.jpeg

They don't clash but just as equally, they don't contrast.

Maximising contrast is objectively the most aesthetically pleasing option and best for ease of viewing, particular from a distance or from a wide frame. Melbourne in navy and Bulldogs in white would be the best contrast.

"Not clashing" is the bare minimum required and I doubt we'll see any clash jumpers in this GF. Melbourne's navy is dark enough and Bulldogs blue is bright enough to make a distinction.

I think mandating knee-high socks (and having them contrasting colours to the opposition) would go a long way to maximising contrast given they make up a whole third of a uniform. White shorts and white socks together would be two-thirds of the uniform and the need for clash jumpers would be minimised. Would be especially advantageous in contested situations for players.

Bring back long socks.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Surprised the AFL didn't say to Melbourne to wear their royal blue jumper just to make it more interesting

Ha yep. On form that’s what they would’ve done.

It’s not the worst one but it’s just dumb when Dogs have a perfectly effective and attractive white strip.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Back