Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Well at least tonight should be about as contrasting as it gets. Especially if the Swans are in the old South kit. They couldn't possibly f*CK it up, could they?

Why the * are Melbourne in white shorts? Put them in blue, or red

Have no idea why and would love to know 'how'. How does it come to be? What texts or emails are being sent? The person who decided Geelong to wear white shorts at home against the bulldogs (totally agree with BTW), is that the same person who puts Melbourne in white shorts against a black and white team?
And Sydney never wear white shorts. Who decided that? (Again agree with). But it begs the question. Who's making the calls? Is it just magically happening?

Last edited:
Well done to all involved tonight - the perfect outcome. What about next week though? We all know white contrasts better with maroon than navy blue, but I get a feeling we'll see the Baggers back in Navy blue next week, with white shorts. Meanwhile a Coll/Carl GF creeps a step closer 🤞

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boomer Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hypothetically if we played Carlton and we wanted to maintain wearing black shorts would there be a better a contrast if we were in our full home against their home and white shorts? Or if we wore our away jumper with black shorts and they wore their home and white shorts?

Hypothetically if we played Carlton and we wanted to maintain wearing black shorts would there be a better a contrast if we were in our full home against their home and white shorts? Or if we wore our away jumper with black shorts and they wore their home and white shorts?
Pies white jumper black shorts and Carlton navy jumper white shorts is arguably still a clash with both teams having white and dark colours.

I think Pies white jumper white shorts V Carlton navy jumper navy shorts is the only way to avoid the clash for a Grand Final. Unless Carlton wear there white jersey as they did V Melb

If it is a Collingwood v Carlton grand final then it should be Collingwoods choice what they wanna wear first. If they choose their clash and white shorts then Carlton in full home is fine.

If Collingwood choose home and black shorts Carlton should be in their clash kit.

Given the idiocy of the implementation of the clash policy i hope Collingwood chose the clash cause otherwise it will be a complete ******* mess.

Given the idiocy of the implementation of the clash policy i hope Collingwood chose the clash cause otherwise it will be a complete ******* mess.

Agree that Collingwood has the higher placed team gets the choice.

I can see the advantages of both, Collingwood in the whiter version is a great gesture for Carlton to be in the traditional guernsey.

Collingwood in the blacker version, might be a great catalyst, and finally cause the AFL to wake up to how broken their implementation of the clash guernsey rules are and just fix the issue..... but it's hard for the AFL to see an issue when their heads in the sand...

Agree that Collingwood has the higher placed team gets the choice.

I can see the advantages of both, Collingwood in the whiter version is a great gesture for Carlton to be in the traditional guernsey.

Collingwood in the blacker version, might be a great catalyst, and finally cause the AFL to wake up to how broken their implementation of the clash guernsey rules are and just fix the issue..... but it's hard for the AFL to see an issue when their heads in the sand...
Personally id love if Collingwood decides to wear their home and force the AFL to make a choice but i also think that my own level of care for it FAR outweighs the AFLs so really who is the fool?

Collingwood White jumper Black shorts and Carlton navy blue junper navy shorts could work.

AFLW 2 weeks ago had something like this involving North and Carlton View attachment 1809178
Navy & Black are basically the same colour though. Royal blue isn’t.

The easy solution is for Brisbane to get up as we all know the AFL will bottle it.

Collingwood in a white top with black shorts versus Carlton in navy top and white shorts, is orders of magnitude better than Collingwood in full black versus Carlton in navy top with white shorts.

It wouldn't be the best solution, but one that most of us could live with.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back