Discussion Jumper decisions that have been influenced by on-field results

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Wow, if only they had a previous, perfectly good design that matched this exact criteria... 🤔

Oh wait!
View attachment 1219996
You didn't read what I said properly. I said I would like to see it limited to just to orange lines akin to the Never Surrender uniform. Maybe mixed with white, just something more traditional than the bold G lines. Here's a visual I made up in MS Paint of what I was describing. Also, when I mean monogram I mean similar to something like Carlton's monogram, not just a bold letter.
gwsdesignideas.png

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
Yes, but no. Keep the orange cuffs on the home, white numbers and then I would probably try to have the orange socks with charcoal top.
I'd have to design it to see it my way I guess 😂🤷‍♂️

Have changed the cuffs but I like the orange numbers and the socks that mimic the jumper.

gws-kits-v4.png

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
You didn't read what I said properly. I said I would like to see it limited to just to orange lines akin to the Never Surrender uniform. Maybe mixed with white, just something more traditional than the bold G lines. Here's a visual I made up in MS Paint of what I was describing. Also, when I mean monogram I mean similar to something like Carlton's monogram, not just a bold letter.View attachment 1220074
That wasn't a dig at you, for what it's worth - more at the club for changing a decent design!

Truth be told I didn't read the 'lines' part - good in theory, obviously that chevron one is Port so that's a no, but an orange and white sash outline would work pretty well I think.

RE monograms, again I knew what you were hinting at but good luck with the letters GWS and making them look decent together 😅

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Yeah the original GWS jumper was great, only issue was the back but otherwise I could've seen it go 20 years without needing a change. Shame they have moved from it, but if they are going to change it up I hope they fully embrace that flashy identity instead of half arsing it. Kind of like the Oregon Ducks in College Football who are known for producing some of the cleanest uniforms.

GoldbergsGold

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
That wasn't a dig at you, for what it's worth - more at the club for changing a decent design!

Truth be told I didn't read the 'lines' part - good in theory, obviously that chevron one is Port so that's a no, but an orange and white sash outline would work pretty well I think.

RE monograms, again I knew what you were hinting at but good luck with the letters GWS and making them look decent together 😅
The V design concept was kinda based off Sydney's heritage V uniform with the Never Surrender orange lines. I wasn't thinking Port's chevrons which in turn are similar to SA's state uniform design.

Mr39

Club Legend
Mar 3, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never surrender needs to be a lock for the giants as their primary guernsey. The all orange is great too, would love to see them wear the charcoal shorts with it, instead of the white.

Without tooting my own horn, I’m yet to see a GWS home kit concept better than the one I made which I reckon subconsciously draws from a few I’ve seen here, so my apologies if you’ve done similar, but if so then you’ve aced it lol. Dark back to go with a dark front, not overdoing the orange so the smaller amount pops and a massive ******* G, the biggest visual identifier they have along with the colour G. The stroke around the G comes down to personal preference but I like splitting the white and orange up. (Obviously ignore the light kit for the purposes of this post)
BF25B9BD-CE2D-4839-BCA6-F7B35913806A.png

Gratees

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Without tooting my own horn, I’m yet to see a GWS home kit concept better than the one I made which I reckon subconsciously draws from a few I’ve seen here, so my apologies if you’ve done similar, but if so then you’ve aced it lol. Dark back to go with a dark front, not overdoing the orange so the smaller amount pops and a massive ******* G, the biggest visual identifier they have along with the colour G. The stroke around the G comes down to personal preference but I like splitting the white and orange up. (Obviously ignore the light kit for the purposes of this post)
View attachment 1220096
I feel like, It kinda reminds me of the old Paddlepop lion with the way the yoke kinda bends around the G

2022 JUMPERS FOR GWS:
Home is the same worn at all home games (except special rounds)
Home with white shorts against Melbourne, Port, Geelong, Bulldogs, St Kilda, Freo, Collingwood, North
Never Surrender with Charcoal shorts against Sydney, Brisbane, West Coast, Hawthorn, Gold Coast
White Clash with white shorts against Essendon, Richmond, St Kilda, Carlton, Crows

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
I have zero jumper design skills but would love to see a mock up of a red suns jumper (red just slightly darker than current home, i think our indigenous one this year was a tad darker) with a yellow yoke (but a round yoke, like a sun in the sky) and a blue wavy horizontal line below it (like the bulldogs i guess but a single line).

Back