Jumper for Indigenous Round?

Should we have an indigenous round jumper?

• Yes

Votes: 64 73.6%
  • No

Votes: 23 26.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you have revealed yourself...That link isn't an opinion piece. It is directly quoting Bolt and the judge. Get some perspective on this. When presented with all the evidence the judge was damming of Bolt. Bolt wasn't in breach of the act due to his 'opinion' he was in breach of the act because his arguments were completely disconnected from fact. The law never provides allowance for deliberate and gross misrepresentation of the facts to discredit others. Prior to 18c the defamation laws were inadequate to facilitate legal action on the basis or racial discrimination of this kind due to the assessment of what constitutes damage etc. The 18c clause makes clear what should have already being captured by defamation laws. The law actually protects discussions in good faith. Bolt demonstrated a complete lack of good faith in divorcing his argument from fact. IF you have a problem with what the Judge said then please, point out where he went wrong otherwise claiming the case was an utter disgrace just comes across as hysterical. Bolt doesn't campaign for censorship, he practices it and campaigns for the means to continue to practice it.

I gave up reading The Age a long time ago, not worth thew paper it's printed on. I never said it was an opinion piece. I am not the one being hysterical here. To say Bolt practices censorship and campaigns for the means to continue to practice it is simply wrong.

What do you mean I have revealed myself?

I gave up reading The Age a long time ago, not worth thew paper it's printed on. I never said it was an opinion piece. I am not the one being hysterical here. To say Bolt practices censorship and campaigns for the means to continue to practice it is simply wrong.

What do you mean I have revealed myself?
You won't accept direct quotes from both Bolt and the Judge because it is published in the Age? You are pretty much fulfilling my prediction. No amount of evidence will be enough because you have attached some part of who you are to what Bolt says. I'd get you a news ltd version but they strangely did not publish any such quotes, relying almost exclusively on quotes from Bolt and his lawyer....

You can choose to close yourself off from the possibility that Bolt isn't the egalitarian hero he claims to be but you do yourself a disservice. Read the what the judge said and ask yourself, why am I defending Bolt?

In the interests to saving everyone wanting to talk footy from this non-football discussion I won't post in this thread again. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue.

You won't accept direct quotes from both Bolt and the Judge because it is published in the Age? You are pretty much fulfilling my prediction. No amount of evidence will be enough because you have attached some part of who you are to what Bolt says. I'd get you a news ltd version but they strangely did not publish any such quotes, relying almost exclusively on quotes from Bolt and his lawyer....

You can choose to close yourself off from the possibility that Bolt isn't the egalitarian hero he claims to be but you do yourself a disservice. Read the what the judge said and ask yourself, why am I defending Bolt?

In the interests to saving everyone wanting to talk footy from this non-football discussion I won't post in this thread again. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue.

To humour you I checked the article. You cannot claim that article is intended to be unbiased and not put Bolt in a negative light, take a look at the photo they have used not to mention the headline. I can assure you I have not attached some part of who I am to what Bolt says, I disagree with many things he says but I don't feel the need to demonise him as others do as I am all for free speech. So there is a different kind of slant on the case in another newspaper, that's hardly surprising and doesn't mean The Age's version is right, you can be selective with facts to present a certain slant on things as I am sure you are well aware. You are just as biased and wedded to your beliefs as you claim I am to mine.

Spare me the patronising stuff about doing my self a disservice.

More than happy not to discuss this topic in this thread as it's not about this but about a special jumper for indigenous round, it's a shame that it has been hijacked.

To humour you I checked the article. You cannot claim that article is intended to be unbiased and not put Bolt in a negative light, take a look at the photo they have used not to mention the headline. I can assure you I have not attached some part of who I am to what Bolt says, I disagree with many things he says but I don't feel the need to demonise him as others do as I am all for free speech. So there is a different kind of slant on the case in another newspaper, that's hardly surprising and doesn't mean The Age's version is right, you can be selective with facts to present a certain slant on things as I am sure you are well aware. You are just as biased and wedded to your beliefs as you claim I am to mine.

Spare me the patronising stuff about doing my self a disservice.

More than happy not to discuss this topic in this thread as it's not about this but about a special jumper for indigenous round, it's a shame that it has been hijacked.

You are making assertions, not points.

Someones been listening

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/hawtho...ar-first-ever-indigenous-guernsey.workstation

141405_hill.jpg

Bradley Hill in the Club's first ever indigenous guernsey.

Big thumbs up.

Tip of the hat to the Hawthorn area, tip of the hat to the past indigenous players, tip of the hat to the traditional owners of our home ground. That, and the fact that it carries the similar "V" of the 2005 HFC alternate strip has me pretty happy with what they've produced.

Loving it - no doubt our boys had a hand in that design.
Would happily wear it

Edit: Just read the journey behind the design and it warms the cockles of my heart how far this club has come from it's past inglorious history with idigneous players.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big thumbs up.

Tip of the hat to the Hawthorn area, tip of the hat to the past indigenous players, tip of the hat to the traditional owners of our home ground. That, and the fact that it carries the similar "V" of the 2005 HFC alternate strip has me pretty happy with what they've produced.

I like it. Glad we got distracted from all the crap I had to read through to get here. Now, how do we like it?

Looks great. I like all the thought that has gone into it. I'm glad that given they've chosen to do it that they didn't just pay it lip-service by having brown squiggles separated with gold dots or something unimaginative like that.

Looks great. I like all the thought that has gone into it. I'm glad that given they've chosen to do it that they didn't just pay it lip-service by having brown squiggles separated with gold dots or something unimaginative like that.

The uproar that would of resulted from just having brown squiggles separated with gold dots would not have been worth the angst.

What an awesome looking jumper. I am glad we did this the whole 9 yards. I bet the indigenous boys will be super proud to wear this. It is a shame about Cyril?

Back