Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not sure why the felt it needed a 'T' on it.
Victoria-1990Tas-Front.png

I've been wondering why Tasmania doesn't have an AFL team. It could be due to the lack of interest there but the AFL could find it worth while investing in an expansion down South. With just over half a million people it doesn't seem that much but Aussie Rules is still a big part of Tasmanian history with the first clubs dating back to the 1860's. And when clubs like Hawthorn and North Melbourne come to play there, they get quite the audience. Bellerive Oval, North Melbourne's home has a capacity of 20,000 and last two times they played both times they got around 17,000 people attend. And at York Park, the Hawks home they have a capacity of 21,000 and around 18,000 come on average. These teams aren't even Tasmanian based so imagine how much would turn up if there was a clash between a rival football team and a Tasmanian team with the whole state backing them. I'm sorry if this is a bit ranty but I just think there is potential in a Tasmanian Football team.

With that said how about we make some logos and jumpers for this hypothetical team?

I've been wondering why Tasmania doesn't have an AFL team. It could be due to the lack of interest there but the AFL could find it worth while investing in an expansion down South. With just over half a million people it doesn't seem that much but Aussie Rules is still a big part of Tasmanian history with the first clubs dating back to the 1860's. And when clubs like Hawthorn and North Melbourne come to play there, they get quite the audience. Bellerive Oval, North Melbourne's home has a capacity of 20,000 and last two times they played both times they got around 17,000 people attend. And at York Park, the Hawks home they have a capacity of 21,000 and around 18,000 come on average. These teams aren't even Tasmanian based so imagine how much would turn up if there was a clash between a rival football team and a Tasmanian team with the whole state backing them. I'm sorry if this is a bit ranty but I just think there is potential in a Tasmanian Football team.

With that said how about we make some logos and jumpers for this hypothetical team?

Would be hard making retail jumpers for a tassie team. Some will need three arm holes, others will need to have more material on the back for hump backs and the manufacturer will come across other issues when designing gear for insestual offspring. Just too hard IMO.

Would be hard making retail jumpers for a tassie team. Some will need three arm holes, others will need to have more material on the back for hump backs and the manufacturer will come across other issues when designing gear for insestual offspring. Just too hard IMO.
Don't know about anyone else, but that's pretty poor for mine.

I'll have a go... So I was searching for some inspiration for the colours seeming it's not as easy as it sounds to make a team/jumper from scratch. I oddly found my self searching for state colours and who knew? Apparently each state has both a primary and secondary colour! tas.PNG
So Tasmania's national colours. The same as their cricket team. So with this in mind I decided to give it as go:

design 2 tas copy.png
It's not much but it's something to work on...

I also did a logo for other to work on as I am not very good at designing logos.
NOTE: I just a dragon because I thought it would look cool but more likely the mascot will be a Tasmanian animal.
tas logo copy.jpg
Hope you guys like it!

I'll have a go... So I was searching for some inspiration for the colours seeming it's not as easy as it sounds to make a team/jumper from scratch. I oddly found my self searching for state colours and who knew? Apparently each state has both a primary and secondary colour!View attachment 307828
So Tasmania's national colours. The same as their cricket team. So with this in mind I decided to give it as go:

View attachment 307849
It's not much but it's something to work on...

I also did a logo for other to work on as I am not very good at designing logos.
NOTE: I just a dragon because I thought it would look cool but more likely the mascot will be a Tasmanian animal.
View attachment 307858
Hope you guys like it!
Stripes would look better imo
dY4gWnZ.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is that they don't have a big capital city where most of the state lives. The state doesn't have the population of a South Australia or Western Australia, and that population is in a few different centres around Tasmania.

The population of the towns of Tasmania, according to Wikipedia are:
Hobart: 221,000
Launceston: 86,633
Devonport: 30,497
Burnie: 27,699
Ulverstone: 14,726

Compare this to Adelaide that has 1,262,940. The population of Hobart is only a sixth of the population of Adelaide. That is why Tasmania doesn't have a AFL team, the population is shared around the state, and that the population is small.

It's a tired trope but you can hardly take offence, Taswegian or otherwise.
Not taking offence at it. Just a sad joke that doesn't have a place in the middle of a jumpers thread.

I'm sure there's a lame jokes thread elsewhere.

The problem is that they don't have a big capital city where most of the state lives. The state doesn't have the population of a South Australia or Western Australia, and that population is in a few different centres around Tasmania.

The population of the towns of Tasmania, according to Wikipedia are:
Hobart: 221,000
Launceston: 86,633
Devonport: 30,497
Burnie: 27,699
Ulverstone: 14,726

Compare this to Adelaide that has 1,262,940. The population of Hobart is only a sixth of the population of Adelaide. That is why Tasmania doesn't have a AFL team, the population is shared around the state, and that the population is small.
Fair reasoning. We might have to ship more convicts over... XD

Was initially against the panel being adopted full time with the BiB, but thinking/looking at it I do tend to feel it is a more Port Adelaide look. It's a distinctive look from the back.

The main criticism comes from the fact that the back and the front don't really match. They look like two different jumpers-- one sleek, angular and sharp, and the other boxy, stout, old school. So I thought a slight adjustment to the front could help the guernsey work as a whole package:

port.png

Forget the V, that is so early 2010s. This adds another element that is classic Port Adelaide-- the yoke. Also gives more of a nod to the 19th century blue and white hoop design.

Forgive the shonky job I did using Paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back