Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has this been announced or posted on here yet? It's still just for pre-sale on the Giants store but I don't know if that's because its brand new or what... anyway, pretty cool training strip and surely it's a preview for next season – also another example of the much mocked up designs finally appearing in real fabric...

GriffAnkle-SLIDER.jpg

http://shop.gwsgiants.com.au/gws-giants-2017-mens-orange-training-guernseypre-sale-170833.phtml

Has this been announced or posted on here yet? It's still just for pre-sale on the Giants store but I don't know if that's because its brand new or what... anyway, pretty cool training strip and surely it's a preview for next season – also another example of the much mocked up designs finally appearing in real fabric...

GriffAnkle-SLIDER.jpg

http://shop.gwsgiants.com.au/gws-giants-2017-mens-orange-training-guernseypre-sale-170833.phtml
Probably just the lighting but the orange looks fantastic

North Melbourne will celebrate 150 years in 2019 – wonder what sort of get up we'll see? Would love to see them go something bold and wear a unique jumper for the full season.

They have that one and a blue version - they've had limited stock for sale at the GWS offices for a little while, not sure about game day yet as I haven't been since the Collingwood game when they hadn't yet received any XBlades gear.

https://xblades.com.au/collections/...ca-guernsey-training-2017?variant=39571007756

GriffAnkle-SLIDER.jpg

North Melbourne will celebrate 150 years in 2019 – wonder what sort of get up we'll see? Would love to see them go something bold and wear a unique jumper for the full season.

I know the sponsor and/or manufacturer will be different by then, but maybe like this one I made based on the 1959 - 1972 jumper.

roos 150 1.jpg

North a stretching it a bit to claim they are the same club as the North Melbourne that formed in 1869 and folded in 1876.
A bit like how Hawthorn used to claim they were founded in 1873, but deeper research showed that the original hawthorn club folded and the Hawthorn we know today was formed as a new club in 1902.
Similar to 1877, when a new club called Hotham was formed, with a new committee and new players. That club later changed its name to NM. Should be 'founded 1877'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North a stretching it a bit to claim they are the same club as the North Melbourne that formed in 1869 and folded in 1876.
A bit like how Hawthorn used to claim they were founded in 1873, but deeper research showed that the original hawthorn club folded and the Hawthorn we know today was formed as a new club in 1902.
Similar to 1877, when a new club called Hotham was formed, with a new committee and new players. That club later changed its name to NM. Should be 'founded 1877'.
It's murky and hard to follow – I mean North Melbourne and Essendon tried to merge and it never happened, so it ended up being North Melbourne and Essendon's A team, their reserves. Then they dropped all hint of the Essendon A association and basically reverted to being the same team as they were originally (a little like Manly-Waringhah merging with North Sydney for a season or two?). Not to mention last night I was doing some reading on the amateur divisions in Perth and West Melbourne were merging with NMFC for a bit too from memory. I guess it is akin to clubs being called Fremantle, Adelaide, Brisbane and everything else.

It's still insane that a club is even from 1877 – you look at the clubs in Perth and consider most of them young because they came about in 1900, 1910, that sort of era. When you think about how young 'Australia' (as it is now) is, and the fact there were wars and depressions that should have wiped these clubs out, it's crazy. Then remember the UK and all the soccer teams, in a place with more towns and more people, and the fact a lot of Aussie Rules clubs predate them... very impressive. Sheffield FC are barely five years older than Melbourne but then you remember the Dees have always been in the top tier and are professional.

Port fans.. classic.. they've always been a cocky confident bunch.
What has a Crows jumper made by a Melbourne supporter got to do with Port Adelaide?

Tidied these up and added a couple of potential clash guernseys

I also firmly believe that if the Suns want to keep their logo as the centre piece of their jumper (which it seems like they have no intention of changing), they should at least use a logo without the gradient or the blue outline on the left as I feel it upsets the balance of the jumper
View attachment 375257 View attachment 375258 View attachment 375259

View attachment 375348
View attachment 375346 View attachment 375269

Id get these to the GC merchandise team asap, so much better then their current jumpers. If its up to me we could see you design in the AFL next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back