Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else noticed how tacky AFL jumpers are? There's a reason people don't wear afl jumpers out on the street during the week.

It's about time we added sleeves onto jumpers. Would make them look far better and would actually be wearable without looking like a bogan. Sleevless jumpers are not an original afl design, just an old idea used last century. They're outdated and need to go.

Geelong played the preseason in sleeved jumpers and it looked terrible, just like it looked terrible in the NBA. Nonetheless, it's not about the sleeves, it's about the designs. I certainly wouldn't walk around during the week with a V design slapped across my chest or a sash running from shoulder to hip like a beauty pageant contestant. The "NBA-like" jerseys that you can by from AFL stores can pass for general wear though.

I don't mean it as in the sleeves make the whole jumper look better. Because I also do think the designs have always been basic and bland.

Soccer jerseys and probably NRL jerseys infact are so much more classy, modern and generally wearable. Wouldn't mind showing my afl pride from time to time (No I am not a GWS supporter, glitched for some reason) but unfortunately the afl guernsey is just not street worthy.

Even looking at some of fancyscum's soccer/afl designs, the designs look far more modern and classy than the current afl ones.

It's ashame the clubs haven't moved on from their old designs and modernised their jerseys.

Anyone else noticed how tacky AFL jumpers are? There's a reason people don't wear afl jumpers out on the street during the week.

It's about time we added sleeves onto jumpers. Would make them look far better and would actually be wearable without looking like a bogan. Sleevless jumpers are not an original afl design, just an old idea used last century. They're outdated and need to go.
NRL supporter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think somebody has done this before so sorry to whoever you are, I thought it was a smart idea but I also think it looks kinda bumblebee-ish.

View attachment 414909

If youre gunna bumblebee the tigs, just the straight bumblebee - heritage throwback to our 1890s bumblebee kit

Anyone tried putting advertisements in the centre of the guernsey?
Yeah, and it looks a bit stupid.
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back