Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best jumper port ever wore
Not even close to this.
bf84d5bc46c0bf927089bbe81806cf86

Surprised they never tried using the design but changing colours. Prison bars in teal?

FWIW I really think they should use more teal. More colourful teams are the better
I'd personally move as far away from teal as possible. Port Adelaide is black and white.

Fair enough. As an outsider to your team it’s a grain of salt. though and avid fan of sports I prefer teams and fans in colours than boring black and white. College ball and football crowds look great
I understand where you are coming from with wanting clubs to have a diverse amount of colours across the league but in our case I'd hope that our club are fighting the AFL/SANFL/Collingwood to let us embrace black and white.

The black, white, grey preseason jumper is a step in the right direction compared to the teal one.

Edit: I've stated this a few years ago but I'd be willing to wear all teal against Collingwood if it meant letting us use the Prison Bars though.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from with wanting clubs to have a diverse amount of colours across the league but in our case I'd hope that our club are fighting the AFL/SANFL/Collingwood to let us embrace black and white.

The black, white, grey preseason jumper is a step in the right direction compared to the teal one.

Edit: I've stated this a few years ago but I'd be willing to wear all teal against Collingwood if it meant letting us use the Prison Bars though.
Geez, look at soccer! West Ham, Aston Villa, Burnley...virtually the same strip! I think the teal preseason jumper against Collingwood with the ability to wear prison bars at home and a decent away jumper would be a good compromise on all sides.

Ok so I won't be posting designs anymore due to my laptop having to be returned to my school now that I've finished yr 12 so I'm just going to finish off with this Port Adelaide one from 2003 that I would love to see be worn at some point this season.
Cheers guys. :'(

View attachment 436002
Dis you keep all your templates & jumper elements?

It’s why I really rate the teal jumper with black shorts.

I disagree with your last part. Go for gold and give Collingwood the big FU. It would be a shame to lose teal though.

I disagree with your last part. Go for gold and give Collingwood the big FU. It would be a shame to lose teal though.
I think I'm in the minority but I wasn't a fan of black shorts with teal. I think teal with white shorts as an away/clash combo would be much better.

It's multiple parties that are against us wearing the Prison Bars.

3 years ago vs Carlton we wanted to wear the Prison Bars 50 years after our 1965 flag and the AFL rejected it saying it was not important enough.

But then a few weeks later Richmond had a jumper clash with us in the Elim final and the AFL said we could wear the Prison Bars to avoid a clash.

Pretty insulting that celebrating a flag from 50 years ago isn't important but a clash with an away side is important enough.

As a Port supporter born, raised and living in Melbourne, all I’ve known is my team in black, white and teal and would hate for the club to drop the colour. This year was the first year I actually paid attention to the SANFL due to Port’s constant coverage of it on all of their social media. Yes, we have our Magpie history in the SANFL, but we also have our history in the AFL with teal being a part of it. It may be petty but I’d be pissed if it was to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years ago vs Carlton we wanted to wear the Prison Bars 50 years after our 1965 flag and the AFL rejected it saying it was not important enough.

But then a few weeks later Richmond had a jumper clash with us in the Elim final and the AFL said we could wear the Prison Bars to avoid a clash.

Pretty insulting that celebrating a flag from 50 years ago isn't important but a clash with an away side is important enough.
You wore the Prison Bars against Carlton at AAMI and it was the worst jumper clash in the AFL era, so I understand why they would decline that.

To be fair, doing a 50 year for a premiership is basically saying "Hey guys! we used to be really good half a century ago", it's not really that important.

Wait until 2030's then you guys will be having a 50 year celebration every year.

You wore the Prison Bars against Carlton at AAMI and it was the worst jumper clash in the AFL era, so I understand why they would decline that.
They didn't decline it because of a possible clash though. They said it wasn't important. Also what happened to Carltons light blue Sturt style clash jumper?
As a Port supporter born, raised and living in Melbourne, all I’ve known is my team in black, white and teal and would hate for the club to drop the colour. This year was the first year I actually paid attention to the SANFL due to Port’s constant coverage of it on all of their social media. Yes, we have our Magpie history in the SANFL, but we also have our history in the AFL with teal being a part of it. It may be petty but I’d be pissed if it was to go.
Teal was forced upon us to get into the AFL. As I said if we were to get the Prison Bars, Teal can be a colour we use for away/clash/pre-season jumpers, same goes for silver/grey.
To be fair, doing a 50 year for a premiership is basically saying "Hey guys! we used to be really good half a century ago", it's not really that important.

Wait until 2030's then you guys will be having a 50 year celebration every year.
It's mainly to recognise and honour the players that won the flag. Getting the players on the ground before the game and giving them a round of applause, maybe hear some stories from them down at Alberton after the game too.

They didn't decline it because of a possible clash though. They said it wasn't important. Also what happened to Carltons light blue Sturt style clash jumper?
Yes, but you still got the prison bars against Richmond anyway.

I have no idea what happener to it, but I would love it back for obvious reasons :D

it's the best Power jumper in my opinion - I wanted it to be our main jumper when we entered the AFL; edgy, modern & distinctive, but simple

Yes, yes

It's pretty good but I reckon it would be better if it was just three straight panels

Oh boy yes

Oh no

Not even close to this.
bf84d5bc46c0bf927089bbe81806cf86

Oh no no

Is it weird that I love the tri panel,

Not at all. Tripanel is love. Tripanel is life

but not in St Kilda colours?

Wait yes that’s weird

Shame Tassie had to ruin the great stallions jumper like they did, in the same way they ruin everything.

Can’t wait till they fold/merge in the mid 2020s

Yes, but you still got the prison bars against Richmond anyway.

I have no idea what happener to it, but I would love it back for obvious reasons :D
The point is we wore it for the wrong reasons. I'd rather wear it to celebrate something, not because of a clash and the AFL demands the home team to wear something else.

I’m with this guy. If I had grown up in Adelaide and was a port supporter, my only knowledge would be the AFL era of your club. I wouldn’t want it gone. What about the premiership players of 2004?

I’m with this guy. If I had grown up in Adelaide and was a port supporter, my only knowledge would be the AFL era of your club. I wouldn’t want it gone. What about the premiership players of 2004?
The 2004 premiership jumper is already gone. Port is black and white.
Many of them (Wanganeen, Tredrea, Wakelin, Wilson, Pickett, Peter and Shaun Burgoyne etc) are Port Adelaide juniors and understand the history of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back