Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always thought Ants was an underused nickname. Especially a Bull Ant, their bite really can sting. Also the idea of an entire swarm of ants is quite menacing, ties in well with the whole "A Champion Team Will Always Beat a Team of Champions" thing. One Ant might not do much damage to an enemy, but with the whole colony as one collective they can do real harm.

Would sell memberships.
Northern Blues have been known as the Bullants and the Knights when they were called Preston.

Northern Blues have been known as the Bullants and the Knights when they were called Preston.
Aware of that, however I still feel it's underused at a grassroots level.

My league has some really good names like Thunderbolts, Bloods, Stallions, Panthers, Redbacks, Bulls, Dragons, etc. Some of these teams are junior only though, so I can see why they'd use unique names to attract fans of all teams.

Grassroots and junior clubs that copy AFL teams and State league teams are boring.
And Ants in my eyes is a unique nickname with a vast amount of branding imagery that isn't associated with any current professional team.

My league has some really good names like Thunderbolts, Bloods, Stallions, Panthers, Redbacks, Bulls, Dragons, etc. Some of these teams are junior only though, so I can see why they'd use unique names to attract fans of all teams.
Also we have the stars, searchers, lakers

Also we have the stars, searchers, lakers
I deliberately left out Searchers as it's a pretty uncreative name when you consider they're from the suburb of Research. That's like calling a team the Collingwood Woods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The
View attachment 447517
send their regards.
Here's another similarly uncreative name.
houston-texans-logo-red-1024x768.jpg

nm6eh7mebrriefnjxkuy.jpg

This the club i play for in the juniors, my league also includes the Jets, Gullies and Phantoms

there are other boring reused names like SMOSH Lions, Bulldogs, Hawks, Saints, Payenam Norwood Union.

Last edited:
In the Claremont Junior Football District there's three teams called the Tigers- Swanbourne and Claremont who both wear blue and gold, and North Beach in red and gold. There's also two Magpies and also an Eagles and a Sea eagles. Out of 12 clubs the only slightly original nicknames are the Wildcats and the Redbacks.

I deliberately left out Searchers as it's a pretty uncreative name when you consider they're from the suburb of Research. That's like calling a team the Collingwood Woods.
Blackwood Woods (Hills Footy League in SA) doesn't roll off the tongue very well
upload_2017-12-27_16-53-59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back