Not open for further replies.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is there a thread for 2019 (man)?

Aside from manufacturer changes, we could have an interesting year. Doubt they'll do anything notable as they didn't play games of any sort for a while after, but GC17 and GWS were announced 10 years ago. The Suns will have a new identity apparently and fingers crossed the Giants trot out a decent clash strip for the first time ever, Lions probably a new clash jumper, Geelong might update theirs.

Hawthorn have a history of bringing out their next season jumper late in the current one, a bit like Premier League sides do. So we could see a newy this year.

Carlton's monogram also first appeared on a jumper 110 years ago next year. Sort of vague anniversary but if done well doubt we'd complain... could be a cool idea for a clash strip somehow?
Carlton-1909.gif

Also could be a chance of Collingwood bringing the pin stripe as their home?

Freo were also confirmed 25 years ago next year but I doubt we'll do anything, especially in our second season at the new stadium. We also tend to be seen as a 1995 team which I agree with; think our colours were announced pretty late on and the first game has always been a tangible date as opposed to anything else.

I don't know if Mero has updated a few jumpers on his website but I hadn't seen this Saints one before. They wore it for one season, a hundred years ago this year. Could have been a pretty solid idea to base a clash around. The shoulder panels are like a century old look into current trends... but I think it works pretty well as a white jumper and it's definitely heritage feeling but is also not that different to the home. Could look cool.
StKilda-1908.gif

Maybe someone could mock it up.

Aside from manufacturer changes, we could have an interesting year. Doubt they'll do anything notable as they didn't play games of any sort for a while after, but GC17 and GWS were announced 10 years ago. The Suns will have a new identity apparently and fingers crossed the Giants trot out a decent clash strip for the first time ever, Lions probably a new clash jumper, Geelong might update theirs.

Hawthorn have a history of bringing out their next season jumper late in the current one, a bit like Premier League sides do. So we could see a newy this year.

Carlton's monogram also first appeared on a jumper 110 years ago next year. Sort of vague anniversary but if done well doubt we'd complain... could be a cool idea for a clash strip somehow?
Carlton-1909.gif

Freo were also confirmed 25 years ago next year but I doubt we'll do anything, especially in our second season at the new stadium. We also tend to be seen as a 1995 team which I agree with; think our colours were announced pretty late on and the first game has always been a tangible date as opposed to anything else.

I don't know if Mero has updated a few jumpers on his website but I hadn't seen this Saints one before. They wore it for one season, a hundred years ago this year. Could have been a pretty solid idea to base a clash around. The shoulder panels are like a century old look into current trends... but I think it works pretty well as a white jumper and it's definitely heritage feeling but is also not that different to the home. Could look cool.
StKilda-1908.gif

Here is my attempt

SAINTS 1.PNG

SAINTS 2.PNG

Carlton-1909.gif

StKilda-1908.gif

Nike would have trouble keeping that glued on monogram on the jumper, particularly a wet game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference is that is a core part of their branding.

It's not the prettiest logo but it is what it is.

That’s true but think about it like this; Fly Emirates drops their red box from their logo on all the soccer team kits they sponsor. But then again they keep the red box for Collingwood so i dunno ‍♀️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s true but think about it like this; Fly Emirates drops their red box from their logo on all the soccer team kits they sponsor. But then again they keep the red box for Collingwood so i dunno ‍♀️

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They have dropped the red box for collingwood before, shame it isn't still like this - looks much better
195687.jpg

I thought what if the eagles brought back the orche and the light blue, but not like the vomit commit one back in 2003, but with the current design. Z 3.jpg

View attachment 479645 View attachment 479644 I redid the old eagles clash jumper from a couple of years ago but with the new logo. please give me your thoughts.
There was a comp to 'fix' that Eagles clash guernsey
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-25-west-coast-protruding-head-clash.1189815/
I had an idea like that one youve done with the new logo except I changed the shape of the blue to make it more like a traditional eagle body but it turned out looking like an angry budgie so I scraped it. Yours looks good though.

I thought what if the eagles brought back the orche and the light blue, but not like the vomit commit one back in 2003, but with the current design.View attachment 479647
What did you just call the Ochre?

"Vomit Commit"?

Get out. Get out and don't come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back