Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
As a person who had to put up with the Tripe-panel. I think they're not the best. They offer an extra clash. Eagles would clash with lighter teams with the gold and darker teams with the navy.

The inverse of Design 3 also seems to work with the North Beach Football Club wearing the yellow with the Red down the middle in the WA Ammos. Can go with white shorts too.

If I was GC I would look at changing the third colour from Blue to Black. Stop being Highlighter version on Brisbane.

I liked the tri panel (ducks for cover).

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I'm not sure why I landed on a Brisbane concept but here's something I whipped up. The Lions move a step closer to their Fitzroy heritage by substituting gold for white, royal for navy and blending the collar and cuffs with the yoke. The maroon is also deepened slightly. Following West Coast's lead, Brisbane uses the same jumper home and away (including Victoria games) with a white clash where required.

w9tt58r.png

I'm not sure why I landed on a Brisbane concept but here's something I whipped up. The Lions move a step closer to their Fitzroy heritage by substituting gold for white, royal for navy and blending the collar and cuffs with the yoke. The maroon is also deepened slightly. Following West Coast's lead, Brisbane uses the same jumper home and away (including Victoria games) with a white clash where required.

w9tt58r.png

I like the nods to Fitzroy (especially the use of white and navy), but I think the Bears still should have one jumper representing their heritage. Even though they didn't have a whole heap of supporters or have time to develop their history, they were still part of the merger. A white version of the last Bears home jumper, no lion or other mix-ins, would be ideal

HowYouDoin

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Real Madrid

w9tt58r.png

Think people are forgetting fitzroy merged with us. Not the other way around. We're not removing our bears identity just to be more like fitzroy.

I do like the away strip though

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
The Brisbane Lions colours and jumper are an acknowledgement of the merger of the Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy. The use of the most recent Fitzroy red colour is done to create the link between Brisbane and Fitzroy in the minds of former Fitzroy supporters. The Fitzroy red colour was introduced when colour television was introduced, meaning that peoples memory of Fitzroy is limited to them wearing those colours. Because of this the wearing of the Fitzroy red jumper for Victoria by the Brisbane Lions. Them wearing the jumpers also shows the Victorian supporters that the club is thinking of them.

The greatest link the Brisbane has to the jumper and the colours they wear is the fact they won three premierships in a row wearing that jumper. Moving away from those colours and jumper design is like moving away from success for the supporters. The introduction of the "Paddle Pop" Lion was seen as the moving away from success. The same thing was seen recently with the Carlton CFC. Fans wanted the old CFC brought back because that is what they remember Carlton wearing winning all there premierships.

So with all those things in mind I have designed the following Brisbane jumpers. From left to right and up to down, the jumpers are the Home jumper, the Victorian jumper and the Clash jumper. The home jumper is the jumper that the club wore in the three premierships recently. The Victorian jumper is in the colours that Fitzroy wore most recently, with the lion logo on the front. The clash jumper is done in the style of the first Brisbane Bears jumper, with the gold being the dominate colour as it is on a clash jumper. All jumpers are of similar design except for the back of the clash jumper which has a higher yoke to accommodate the number below. These three jumpers pay respect to the past of the Brisbane Lions.

KYULgKM.jpg

Wakai

Play me some of that $uicide Pimpin' man
Feb 28, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
The Brisbane Lions colours and jumper are an acknowledgement of the merger of the Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy. The use of the most recent Fitzroy red colour is done to create the link between Brisbane and Fitzroy in the minds of former Fitzroy supporters. The Fitzroy red colour was introduced when colour television was introduced, meaning that peoples memory of Fitzroy is limited to them wearing those colours. Because of this the wearing of the Fitzroy red jumper for Victoria by the Brisbane Lions. Them wearing the jumpers also shows the Victorian supporters that the club is thinking of them.

The greatest link the Brisbane has to the jumper and the colours they wear is the fact they won three premierships in a row wearing that jumper. Moving away from those colours and jumper design is like moving away from success for the supporters. The introduction of the "Paddle Pop" Lion was seen as the moving away from success. The same thing was seen recently with the Carlton CFC. Fans wanted the old CFC brought back because that is what they remember Carlton wearing winning all there premierships.

So with all those things in mind I have designed the following Brisbane jumpers. From left to right and up to down, the jumpers are the Home jumper, the Victorian jumper and the Clash jumper. The home jumper is the jumper that the club wore in the three premierships recently. The Victorian jumper is in the colours that Fitzroy wore most recently, with the lion logo on the front. The clash jumper is done in the style of the first Brisbane Bears jumper, with the gold being the dominate colour as it is on a clash jumper. All jumpers are of similar design except for the back of the clash jumper which has a higher yoke to accommodate the number below. These three jumpers pay respect to the past of the Brisbane Lions.

KYULgKM.jpg
Not trying to be mean or anything but those designs have been posted at least 30 times xx

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Would be surprised if they did. I think finals in Melbourne would likely revert to home jumper with the Fitzroy red becoming the first choice clash (almost like how Melbourne's royal is a lighter version of the home).
I pretty much have the same opinion. Even though they wear it in Victoria to remember their Fitzroy history they still are the Brisbane Lions, meaning they would have to wear the Brisbane Lions jumper, would be nice to see them in the Fitzroy jumper on Grand Final day.

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club

KYULgKM.jpg

These are what our jumpers should be, although would love to see royal blue shorts worn with the red jumper.

Red is identified with Fitzroy in Melbourne. Fitzroy FC themselves still wear the red FFC jumper.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
That's pretty much what it's based on :D
Looks like an old Centrals jumper, linked to the Foodland logo, Foodland sponsors Central District in Fizzler's 1983 VFL/SANFL/WAFL Portfolio. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back