Pre-season/ 3rd
WCEJumper3@0,3x.jpg

This is from my AFL 2030 portfolio

Premiers17

Senior List
Oct 27, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Here is my redesign of the Collingwood jumpers, with inspiration from the 1919 Collingwood Premiership Jumper.
The home jumper is a black jumper with white stripes and number panel. This is how the 1919 Collingwood jumper looked. The clash jumper is a white jumper with black stripes and number panel. This is the reverse of the 1919 Collingwood jumper.

pjc7OCi.jpg
COLLINGWOOD New jumper barcode
5aa57042be297894f4006f1b2979b05c.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

DlAMONDGUY

Draftee
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Lost access to my other account!

Here's my dream Cats jumper:

GEEL-2019-v01-H.png

GEEL-2019-v01-A.png

Summary of changes:
- Ford is actually now using a navy oval again. 2019 media polos also use a navy oval
- Changed up the back sponsor for a bit of extra attention for Ford
- Black numerals as worn in the 80s and 90s (wish they would use these nowadays)
- No clash jumper necessary these days so here's an away jumper for the moneyhungry
- Used (IMO) the better of the two logos instead
- And a couple of CottonOn-like gimmicks round the neck and sides just to finish

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Not heaps related but since you bring them up, it's a massive shame North departed from the black numerals on their white jumper on top of relegating it to a second strip. Quintessential North.

The other Geelong logo is definitely a winner too. It's so weird how Geelong uses two very similar logos for no real reason. The silhouette cat is a classic, I reckon.

Lost access to my other account!

Here's my dream Cats jumper:

View attachment 574787

View attachment 574785

Summary of changes:
- Ford is actually now using a navy oval again. 2019 media polos also use a navy oval
- Changed up the back sponsor for a bit of extra attention for Ford
- Black numerals as worn in the 80s and 90s (wish they would use these nowadays)
- No clash jumper necessary these days so here's an away jumper for the moneyhungry
- Used (IMO) the better of the two logos instead
- And a couple of CottonOn-like gimmicks round the neck and sides just to finish

I like the idea of the navy oval, looked fantastic on our Retro Round jumper. The idea of the back sponsor is clever too, although I wouldn't mind seeing an Adelaide-style set up where a specific model is promoted (i.e Ranger, Focus, Mondeo).

Not keen on the away jumper though, looks like a Bintang with hoops. I didn't mind our 2011-13 clash jumper, introducing that as a 'third' kit and rolling it out in a similar fashion to North's Homer would be an excellent cash-grab opportunity that doesn't involve a bunch of one-off jumpers (which were overpriced this year, and there was too many to keep up with for collectors). Wear it in matchups where we won't clash with the other team, maybe vs North, WCE, Gold Coast and Sydney

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Don't really like black numbers on North and Geelong. Looks better when the numbers are consistent with the colour scheme but that's just my thought.
Would be like if Collingwood had grey numbers.

DlAMONDGUY

Draftee
Oct 16, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Not heaps related but since you bring them up, it's a massive shame North departed from the black numerals on their white jumper on top of relegating it to a second strip. Quintessential North.

Agree, I think North made a huge mistake. But on the plus side for the Cats, Geelong is left as the only team playing at home in white now. No clash strips, solid identity.

Don't really like black numbers on North and Geelong. Looks better when the numbers are consistent with the colour scheme but that's just my thought.

I did some Collingwood designs (away and training) where the numbers were red, blue and gold once. I thought they looked rad actually. Premier league style (WBA etc).

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I don’t think that’s the right analogy. The grey would blend in with the background, whether you’re referring to the black jumper or the white jumper.
The black numbers on North and to a lesser extent Geelong stick out and contrast more.
I can’t figure out why that appeals to me more than the consistent colours, but it just does. I have always loved the little quirks in the game in general.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I don’t think that’s the right analogy. The grey would blend in with the background, whether you’re referring to the black jumper or the white jumper.
The black numbers on North and to a lesser extent Geelong stick out and contrast more.
I can’t figure out why that appeals to me more than the consistent colours, but it just does. I have always loved the little quirks in the game in general.
Well yeah just imagine Collingwood with blue numbers i guess is more relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Best colours in the league - Change my mind.
Great design. There's a few murmurs going around that the club is going to unveil a hooped clash jersey next year. Do you mind doing a hooped design along the lines of this to see how it might turn out?

Like this?
St Kilda Hoops.PNG
St Kilda Hoops LS.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back