Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Why wouldn’t port use something like this?
It’s classic.
Looks good.
Has history but with teal.

View attachment 669062
I think it looks great - but no way you could have a Magpie logo on there.

No problem with teams sharing colours, but there can only be one 'Magpies' (or any other mascot) in a league.

Edit: Thought this was an AFL suggestion - for SANFL of course the Magpie logo is fine

No problem with teams sharing colours, but there can only be one 'Magpies' (or any other mascot) in a league.

I think you'll find that was designed as an SANFL concept.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Great start yet again!
Only thing I'd say is that it's a bit all over the place? The blue stops a bit randomly on the back and at a strange angle
Yeah I was trying to do something a little bit different and matching the angle on the front (with the "sun beam" device). Without the yellow it does look a little odd, but it would look worse with it i think on the back.

I like the jumper idea but having blue and Red could cause a clash with teams like WCE, WB and Sydney

I'll have a think on a clash, maybe could just flip colours around.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Edit: Thought this was an AFL suggestion - for SANFL of course the Magpie logo is fine
Yes there would be no magpie in afl.
It’s more around how good and simple the jumper would look.
Keeps much of their tradition, the prison bars, and a complimentary colour to differ from Collingwood.

BIGBOYmcevoy

Rookie
Sep 21, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, New York Knicks
The Worst idea imaginable:

In the WA Amos comp (Perth Football League), the Eagles sponsor the u/23 state side and the Colts competition. If Freo decided they wanted to jump in on the action, this could be an idea for a mashup rep jumper.

It's awful.
WA team.png
PFL purp.png

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
The Worst idea imaginable:

In the WA Amos comp (Perth Football League), the Eagles sponsor the u/23 state side and the Colts competition. If Freo decided they wanted to jump in on the action, this could be an idea for a mashup rep jumper.

It's awful.View attachment 670886View attachment 670896
my lord... was not expecting my template to be used in this way hahah. :$

BIGBOYmcevoy

Rookie
Sep 21, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, New York Knicks
WA and SA State of Origin jumpers modelled off the state league match played on Saturday. South Australia didn't seem to have a manufacturer logo on their jumpers so I've gone with Sekem for both. I'd feature the state league logos on the back of each number.

Attachments

• Templte blk.png
    Templte blk.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Templte blk 1.png
    Templte blk 1.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 225

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons

There are many leagues around the world where teams "share" mascots. In our very own VFL, there are two teams with the Tiger mascot, Richmond Reserves and Werribee. I don't see it as an issue, myself as Port and Collingwood have pretty obviously different designs and could in no way be confused for each other, much like Geelong and Carlton.
There are only so many mascots and colour combinations that are marketable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back