Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
collingwood can wear their traditional white with black ‘clash’ against us every game
Or the AFL could devise a logical clash policy and apply it consistently throughout the year no matter who's worn what and when. Wouldn't be too hard for some AFL House nerd to sit through every single team match-up and determine which ones clash or not and apply accordingly (hell, we've already done it for them!)

FWIW, I actually wouldn't mind us wearing it against Richmond but it completely nullifies the purpose of having a clash kit, especially since they were created for these very situations. If they're not going to wear it then, when will they ever wear it and why should they?

Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Or the AFL could devise a logical clash policy and apply it consistently throughout the year no matter who's worn what and when. Wouldn't be too hard for some AFL House nerd to sit through every single team match-up and determine which ones clash or not and apply accordingly (hell, we've already done it for them!)

FWIW, I actually wouldn't mind us wearing it against Richmond but it completely nullifies the purpose of having a clash kit, especially since they were created for these very situations. If they're not going to wear it then, when will they ever wear it and why should they?
dont you wear white against carlton every game now ? if we have a sashless back with yellow numbers in the future it makes sense for you to wear the white against us everytime aswell

dont you wear white against carlton every game now ? if we have a sashless back with yellow numbers in the future it makes sense for you to wear the white against us everytime aswell

JLT game 2019, Carlton away.
653255-tlslargelandscape.jpg

R8 2019, Carlton home
IMG_7668.jpg

Collingwood applies their rules pretty consistently, even against long-time rivals (mind, our clash isn't 100% reflective of our traditional jumper which was black-cuffed and collared).
Besides, we've worn the black-based jumper for nigh on 20 years now, which I think is a long enough time for it to considered an engrained part of our identity as the tradition jumper is.

The issue I have is if big Vic teams like Carlton and Richmond (Essendon's always tricky due to ANZAC Day jumpers now, but it usually works out) never wear their clash against Collingwood, on principle why should they ever wear it against teams like Fremantle, Adelaide and St.Kilda (and each other). What is the point of having a clash kit when it is not being used on a situation where a clash arises.

Shazza_ hook , line & sinker.
If that's about the situation with Port PB's, I have got no issue at all with wearing our clash vs them and I don't think anybody has an issue with that. We're talking about jumper combinations that are actually in the league at present. Once that situation arises the logical clash policy will take care of it.

At the end of that day we still have an issue of teams not doing the right thing in not wearing the clash when it really is required. Don't think I've said anything hypocritical to what I already think and still struggling to see the link between me pointing out what everybody else has already pointed out and the PB's.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
No, we wear our home kit when we are the home team to Carlton. Still, I don't know why we would wear a clash when Richmond's current clash would suffice just as well if not better.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
The AFL should consider bringing back ‘Heritage Round’. My twist would be that every club wears a woolen guernsey for the round. Obviously it would be difficult for expansion teams such as GWS, Gold Coast etc.
The GWS guernsey wouldn't be that hard to knit.
AFL gets clever and combines Indigenous Round with Heritage Round.

Grandma's everywhere: "ain't nobody got time fo' dat"

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
WCESOO.png

After seeing Perth Glory's WA state kit today, I thought about what West Coast going down that road again might look like.

Last time we did this we used the Richmond-inverse style seen in the late 80's and 90's. This time, I've decided to use the yoke we saw during the early 80's. Having a Swan sitting prominently on an Eagles jumper didn't sit right with me, so the Eagle head takes its place while the mighty black swan sits above the HJ's logo. Gold cuffs add a bit of flair to the strip.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My first attempt at guernsey design, used paint.net for it. I appreciate the quality isn't high. I did a tweak of LeeARM 's Gold Coast rebrand concept. His logo is still the best rebrand idea I've seen, I love everything about it.

I felt Gold Coast need to have gold/yellow as their primary colour, need to look more like the surf lifesavers their colours are drawn from, and simple designs are better, although I'm not a fan of their existing side panels. Comes out looking a bit like Sturt's traditional guernseys but in GC colours.

HOME:

AWAY:

CLASH:

In addition, I tried out a design with thin stripes to each side, a little bit reminiscent of Collingwood's suspenders guernsey.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
essendon-clash.png

melbourne-3-kits.png

sydney-swans-kits.png

st-kilda-maddies-match-v2.png

st-kilda-pride-game-v2.png

sydney-pride-game.png

General Themes - Dark Home and Light Away, Shorts Match the back of the jumper, no white clashes unless the team uses white no side panels that dont match the back of the jumper (except for gold coast), no number panels, sponsors bettter integrated into jumpers.

In most cases it would be possible for the team to play against itself.

Richmond Clash is just for something different otherwise I'd just go with yellow shots on the current clash.

West Coast and Freo are fine as is (maybe yellow shorts with the Yellow Eagles clash)
Port only need to ditch the side panels and number panel
Carlton just invert the jumper i.e. White kit with Navy Monogram
North see their set up before they ****ed it up this year ie.e Blue with White Stripes and White with Blue Stipes Away with Bounding roo with white back as Clash.
GWS Canberra as home above with the other orange feature also on the front.

Obviously add current sponsors home/away etc.

Is there anything I've forgotten?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
View attachment 724918

View attachment 724919

View attachment 724921

View attachment 724922

View attachment 724923

View attachment 724924

General Themes - Dark Home and Light Away, Shorts Match the back of the jumper, no white clashes unless the team uses white no side panels that dont match the back of the jumper (except for gold coast), no number panels, sponsors bettter integrated into jumpers.

In most cases it would be possible for the team to play against itself.

Richmond Clash is just for something different otherwise I'd just go with yellow shots on the current clash.

West Coast and Freo are fine as is (maybe yellow shorts with the Yellow Eagles clash)
Port only need to ditch the side panels and number panel
Carlton just invert the jumper i.e. White kit with Navy Monogram
North see their set up before they f’ed it up this year ie.e Blue with White Stripes and White with Blue Stipes Away with Bounding roo with white back as Clash.
GWS Canberra as home above with the other orange feature also on the front.

Obviously add current sponsors home/away etc.

Is there anything I've forgotten?

Done well here, great job.

How about a third kit for Essendon?

White with red sash / black outlines

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
I'm as sick as anyone of seeing the Suns run around in some very underwhelming jumpers, so I thought I'd have a go at putting together something a bit better than what they currently have. Darkened the colours to try and tone down the maccas vibe.
View attachment 725313
Gold centre panel instead of side panel 😂
Actually I like it

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
View attachment 722237

After seeing Perth Glory's WA state kit today, I thought about what West Coast going down that road again might look like.

Last time we did this we used the Richmond-inverse style seen in the late 80's and 90's. This time, I've decided to use the yoke we saw during the early 80's. Having a Swan sitting prominently on an Eagles jumper didn't sit right with me, so the Eagle head takes its place while the mighty black swan sits above the HJ's logo. Gold cuffs add a bit of flair to the strip.
I reckon that would be better for the Dockers actually, you could sublimate the three chevrons into the yoke

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm as sick as anyone of seeing the Suns run around in some very underwhelming jumpers, so I thought I'd have a go at putting together something a bit better than what they currently have. Darkened the colours to try and tone down the maccas vibe.
View attachment 725313

That’s the first thing they need to do with the colours. They’re appalling.

cosimo

Debutant
Jun 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham, Phoenix Suns
Nice kit, what would this sort of concept look like with a variation of the current monogram/logo that is being used?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
It crossed my mind, to do an updated ‘GC’. The current one has annoyed me from day one, as soon as I think of something I’ll put it on that jumper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back