• TEMP #.jpg
    TEMP #.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 185

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
What's wrong with a red jumper with a single gold V, with the inverse for away/clash? If they want to be clever they could create a decent logo/monogram and place that under the V as well. It might have shades of Hawthorn/Melbourne but those jumpers were worn so long ago it shouldn't matter.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
What's wrong with a red jumper with a single gold V, with the inverse for away/clash? If they want to be clever they could create a decent logo/monogram and place that under the V as well. It might have shades of Hawthorn/Melbourne but those jumpers were worn so long ago it shouldn't matter.

Because thats more or less the Brisbane Bears jumper.

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Because thats more or less the Brisbane Bears jumper.
...which hasn't been worn since the 90s, and when Brisbane rolls it out they won't be wearing it against Gold Coast. Make it yellow with a red V then, it doesn't really matter. There's a limit to the number of unique (traditional) designs you can make, so something is always going to look like something else. You can argue about changing colours, but let's be honest, how many teams have actually changed theirs? Fremantle comes to mind, but they didn't change colours, just dropped some. Just like every other team, Gold Coast is not going to change theirs.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
...which hasn't been worn since the 90s, and when Brisbane rolls it out they won't be wearing it against Gold Coast. Make it yellow with a red V then, it doesn't really matter. There's a limit to the number of unique (traditional) designs you can make, so something is always going to look like something else. You can argue about changing colours, but let's be honest, how many teams have actually changed theirs? Fremantle comes to mind, but they didn't change colours, just dropped some. Just like every other team, Gold Coast is not going to change theirs.

Sure, but I think it gets a bit murky when your talking about an old design of their local rival. You're right that theres always going to be crossover with designs if you want to keep it traditional, but if anything Gold Coast should be steering away from Brisbane, not closer to them.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
What the Saints Deliveroo Jumper might look like:
View attachment 740206
Reckon they’ll go with a white box, black lettering and teal ‘roo’. Pretty much the same as the lendi logo on West Coast guernseys.

White on teal will be barely legible from a distance.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Hopefully they make it fit within the black panel like the Dare logo. It always looks so much better than going over it. Same for the cross jumper.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
CollingwoodAlt.png

Quick 5 minute job of what I'd like to see Collingwood wear away to Geelong in the future. Could also use an inverse of this as a new clash strip.

Still black and white stripes, but would create a significantly greater contrast.

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
View attachment 748726

Quick 5 minute job of what I'd like to see Collingwood wear away to Geelong in the future. Could also use an inverse of this as a new clash strip.

Still black and white stripes, but would create a significantly greater contrast.
I like it. How about something like this?

76707_870161cf8f0c7824da857fbe9ccb7245-jpg.82987

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
View attachment 748726

I dont mind that but in reality the current home and black shorts v geelong in white shorts is contrast enough as evidenced by last decade or so. Would this new collingwood one with white shorts provide enough contrast with geelong in blue shorts? Still reckon its two teams in dark and light v light and dark and messy.

But as a jumper like i say i like it

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I dont mind that but in reality the current home and black shorts v geelong in white shorts is contrast enough as evidenced by last decade or so. Would this new collingwood one with white shorts provide enough contrast with geelong in blue shorts? Still reckon its two teams in dark and light v light and dark and messy.

But as a jumper like i say i like it
I'd be putting Geelong in white shorts and Collingwood in black shorts regardless of who's home game it is. The 'away team wears white shorts' policy just creates unnecessary clashes.

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
View attachment 748726

That's not bad, how about something like this also....

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 718000View attachment 718002

Suns jumper keeping red and slight increase in blue but no logo in a traditional design.
Clash in white but could also switch to a blue clash to stick with club colours which doesn’t include white
Here's a thought, what if gold coast just switched their home and away jumpers? For example, the all white here would become their home and the red would be their away? Go full real Madrid with the home kit being white but keep a splash of colour on it?

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits

This Concept was Hugely inspired by Fancyscum's What If Wednesdays Fitzroy lions entry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back