Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Designs completely cutting off at the shoulders is a pet peeve of mine, what about this?

View attachment 772032

I still prefer both sides of a jumper to match as much as they can, but here. just for you.
View attachment 772033

Are the numbers more readable in white?

Terrific designs, I don't understand why more sides don't use inverse of some of their old guernseys as clash jumpers. A reverse of Melbourne's first VFL jumper would look terrific for example

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GoldCoast1.png
GoldCoast2.png

some gold coast redesign concepts

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
but this isn't soccer. footy has its own traditions and we should respect that and try to honour it as much as we can
"As much as we can" covers not wearing blue sometimes, following the same equal rules as the other teams in the comp.

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
but this isn't soccer. footy has its own traditions and we should respect that and try to honour it as much as we can
No, we really shouldn't. When it comes to the uniforms worn by each team, there should be a clear and distinct contrast. If every team embraced their away/clash/alternative strip (by creating something half decent), it would become commonplace within 10 years and suddenly that would be the tradition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
With this thread nearly wrapping up for the year, might just park this one here. It's always intrigued me whether there is a suitable way to display the Magpie on a Collingwood jumper, similar to the Swooping Magpie but a bit less over the top. I think this worked quite well, retains the 3 stripes identity and features a magpie. I would class this more in the area of a Preseason or training jumper but it has some charm nonetheless.

1573387891769.png

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
With this thread nearly wrapping up for the year, might just park this one here. It's always intrigued me whether there is a suitable way to display the Magpie on a Collingwood jumper, similar to the Swooping Magpie but a bit less over the top. I think this worked quite well, retains the 3 stripes identity and features a magpie. I would class this more in the area of a Preseason or training jumper but it has some charm nonetheless.

View attachment 777462
How does that look with the stripes in their normal positions?

On the new crows clash, I guess I'm just really puzzled as to why they didn't go the whole way with the V or Hoops. Both look stronger than the halfway in between that ISC settled on. If it looked like the jumper on the left, it would be an instant buy for me.
crowsclashfixed.png
crowsclashfixed2.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
On the new crows clash, I guess I'm just really puzzled as to why they didn't go the whole way with the V or Hoops. Both look stronger than the halfway in between that ISC settled on. If it looked like the jumper on the left, it would be an instant buy for me.
View attachment 778772View attachment 778768
Only just realised it had a slight v-design. Yikes. It's so subtle that it makes you question what was even the point. Just another case of if it aint broke, don't fix it.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
The first design would annoy a certain crosstown rival I think! 🤣

The first design would annoy a certain crosstown rival I think! 🤣
Best to do it now then whilst they are too busy fawning over the PB’s to notice.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

As much as I like the first design there, our identity is hoops, not chevrons. I think it would be a bit bizzare if we moved to that style

Any chance of mocking up the second one with a black crow?

As much as I like the first design there, our identity is hoops, not chevrons. I think it would be a bit bizzare if we moved to that style
That’s kind of what we just did though, only they are very shallow and it so it just looks weird.

I guess in my opinion the hoops are an important part of our brand, but it is always trumped by the tricolours and any jumper that uses those will still feel like a crows jumper (particularly if it has a big crow in the middle of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back