Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the new crows clash, I guess I'm just really puzzled as to why they didn't go the whole way with the V or Hoops. Both look stronger than the halfway in between that ISC settled on. If it looked like the jumper on the left, it would be an instant buy for me.
View attachment 778772View attachment 778768
How does it work that people on bigfooty that make jumpers for fun are so much better than the hired professionals?

Because passion for the game and the teams.
Plus politics of a club's board would probably get in the way. Certain conversations around making a clash jumper different enough so that people will buy them = more cash for the club. In this case, they added the slight chevron on the crows clash as an afterthought as it's not so obvious to the previous and they don't want to offend supporters by advertising a new clash unless it's different.

On the new crows clash, I guess I'm just really puzzled as to why they didn't go the whole way with the V or Hoops. Both look stronger than the halfway in between that ISC settled on. If it looked like the jumper on the left, it would be an instant buy for me.
Oh no, our market share!! :eek::eek:
*cough* Collingwood *cough*

I've been posting this all over the place but I might as well put it here too. This is what North should be wearing if the club wants pinstripes. It's basically an exact replica of the late 70s/early 80s pinstripe design but on a modern template. Black numbers, no terrible looking cutoff stripes, the pinstripes are thin like pinstripes are supposed to be, and the stripes are nice and wide so there isn't a big white void on either side. This is what a north melbourne jumper looks like.
Pinstripes.png

Also, here's a GWS idea i had.
gwsconcept_1.png

It's about the same as the current one but the G doesn't get cut off by the side panels and the back is charcoal with an orange top instead of all orange. I did this because:
-Jumpers where the front doesn't match the back are a clash nightmare, now there's no need for clash jumpers when GWS and Sydney play
-A white number on dark charcoal is more readable

Also i just chucked a little orange G on the collar centre piece because it's there and why not

Jumpers where the front doesn't match the back are a clash nightmare, now there's no need for clash jumpers when GWS and Sydney play
Jumpers where the front doesn't match the back simply mean there are two colours to avoid clashing with, not one. In GWS' case, charcoal and orange. Can still use blue, green, white, pink...

I mean, these are BETTER, but my problem is still with that raggedy Dove across the front. it just looks messy, like an afterthought.

I mean, these are BETTER, but my problem is still with that raggedy Dove across the front. it just looks messy, like an afterthought.
Yeah, not my ideal clash designs, just trying to make the case that it would have been better if they went with a proper vee or proper hoops rather than something in between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who do brisbane clash with? genuine question
Brisbane wear their “Fitzroy” jumper away to all AFL state teams (Vic, SA, WA); and the clash is worn away to Qld and NSW teams. The exception is the Bulldogs, wearing the clash jumper away due to the conflicting blue and red.

Brisbane wear their “Fitzroy” jumper away to all AFL state teams (Vic, SA, WA); and the clash is worn away to Qld and NSW teams. The exception is the Bulldogs, wearing the clash jumper away due to the conflicting blue and red.
Brisbane wore the Fitzroy away against us though.....

I'm hating the GWV Rebels logo, the look of it, the name, the monogram...everything.

1575002261454.png

Which made me think, if Ballarat was to re-enter the VFL what would it look like?

Here's a crack at a logo to try and tie in Ballarat to the Wimmera.

Really play up the country connection, own it.

Obvious inspiration from Hull City.

1575002210680.png

With this thread nearly wrapping up for the year, might just park this one here. It's always intrigued me whether there is a suitable way to display the Magpie on a Collingwood jumper, similar to the Swooping Magpie but a bit less over the top. I think this worked quite well, retains the 3 stripes identity and features a magpie. I would class this more in the area of a Preseason or training jumper but it has some charm nonetheless.

View attachment 777462
Quick Send It To Eddie!!!!

Quick Send It To Eddie!!!!
I actually had a friend of mine who has connections within the club to send it into them along with a bunch of other stuff. He has a bunch of info surrounding this area of the club and leaked the news about the Pies 2010 and 1990 jumpers this year. He thinks that next year the Pies are going to pay homage to the ol' swooping magpie in a training jumper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back