Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually had a friend of mine who has connections within the club to send it into them along with a bunch of other stuff. He has a bunch of info surrounding this area of the club and leaked the news about the Pies 2010 and 1990 jumpers this year. He thinks that next year the Pies are going to pay homage to the ol' swooping magpie in a training jumper...

Of course it will be on the training jumper and not the playing jumper though. Wouldn't want to let the AFL win the Away/Clash jumper fight.

Here's another North set. Wanted to put out a final, polished collection of what I'd like to see North wearing in 2020 instead of the horrible pinstripe disaster.

Home/Away:
NMFCHome@4x.png NMFCAway@4x.png
-Stripes match the width of the jumpers worn in the 1975 premiership
-Classic North monogram above the number
-Back sponsor cuts through the stripes, inspired by Collingwood's excellent 2020 away jumper
-Stripes down the sides of the shorts with the club logo on them
-Can also be worn with white shorts and striped socks, this version would be standard for away games but also a common sense choice for home games against The Bulldogs or West Coast

Dark Jumper:
NMFC1933@4x.png
-White stripes on blue with a number panel, based on the first striped jumper north wore in the VFL in 1933
-This jumper was worn with striped socks, as every striped North Melbourne jumper was before 1971, so i kept them here

Alternate:
NMFCBoundingRoo@4x.png
-Couldn't leave this one out. It's a classic and North supporters really like it
-Mostly the same as the one North wore in 2019 but with the monogram and new back sponsor

Last edited:
waSOO.png

This is what I'd like to see WA wear if this State of Origin Bushfire Appeal ends up being a proper SoO and not Vic vs. All Stars (which is far more likely). Our current state guernsey is a bit... plain.

May do mock-ups for Victoria, SA and Allies if time allows later in the week.

Freo away/clash concept. Based on the original Fremantle Football Club jumper worn in the 1880s-1890s, which was later adopted by South Freo in 1900 and worn until 1910. The general idea behind that jumper was the inspiration for freo's current home jumper, but i thought it might be interesting to see how something closer to that original design might look on a modern template:
FreoBigChevrons@4x.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo away/clash concept. Based on the original Fremantle Football Club jumper worn in the 1880s-1890s, which was later adopted by South Freo in 1900 and worn until 1910. The general idea behind that jumper was the inspiration for freo's current home jumper, but i thought it might be interesting to see how something closer to that original design might look on a modern template:
View attachment 810072
How would inversing the chevrons look out of curiousity?

View attachment 810072
Looks like the dazzle camouflage used on ships during ww1. Might be a decent Anzac Day jumper idea..
hms_kildangan_iwm_q_043387.jpg

Being a history buff I've created multiple ANZAC round jumpers, this one for Essendon in 2020 being one of my favourites. Apologies for the ISC sponsorship, mocked this up mid last year, only got around to posting it now.
2020 Essendon ANZAC Jumper.png

Last edited:
How would inversing the chevrons look out of curiousity?

Not great imo
FreoInvertedChevrons@4x.png
there's a reason so many clubs have used downward V shapes in their designs over the years. Melbourne, Port, Freo, Sydney/South, North, Hawthorn, the Bears, and any number of other clubs, in many other sports. Upwards facing Vs are much less common. Something I learned in character design was that broadly speaking, circles look cute, squares look strong, and triangles look scary. I think that principle carries through to jumper design. There's a reason you don't see circles in jumpers much. Just about the only example I can think of is the Gold Coast's logo, which not a lot of people like. Carlton recently returned to their old monogram with the sharper, squarer design from the more rounded one. Could just be a coincidence, but it's hard to deny that old CFC looks stronger than the one they wore in the 2000s.

I think having the V facing up gives the same kind of vibes as holding a knife up to your own throat. You want the sharp edges to be pointed away from you, threatening everyone who's not you.

I'm seeing double, four magpies!

Where did the swoopy boi come from in the black one?
There's this graphic that plays at Collingwood Home games when we kick a goal and it's this swooping magpie thing. It's just animation with several frames so I took a video of it, froze one of the frames and just outlined it and thought it looked pretty neat.

Not great imo
View attachment 810866
there's a reason so many clubs have used downward V shapes in their designs over the years. Melbourne, Port, Freo, Sydney/South, North, Hawthorn, the Bears, and any number of other clubs, in many other sports. Upwards facing Vs are much less common. Something I learned in character design was that broadly speaking, circles look cute, squares look strong, and triangles look scary. I think that principle carries through to jumper design. There's a reason you don't see circles in jumpers much. Just about the only example I can think of is the Gold Coast's logo, which not a lot of people like. Carlton recently returned to their old monogram with the sharper, squarer design from the more rounded one. Could just be a coincidence, but it's hard to deny that old CFC looks stronger than the one they wore in the 2000s.

I think having the V facing up gives the same kind of vibes as holding a knife up to your own throat. You want the sharp edges to be pointed away from you, threatening everyone who's not you.
Ah sorry haha, I meant the colours, so the purple parts of the first image are white and the white parts are purple, etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back