Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Rough North idea. Yes, white shorts.
1618741907714.png

RE: the crows 3rd guernsey. I really like it from as an isolated guernsey, but as we saw today, it really doesn't work as part of a set. If you're home and away jumper both clash with a team, the third option really needs to minimise the colours of the other two guernseys. Originally developed this one as a 'showdown guernsey' but would work well too as an option to minimise the navy and yellow on the current red jumper.

PrideJumper.png

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
RE: the crows 3rd guernsey. I really like it from as an isolated guernsey, but as we saw today, it really doesn't work as part of a set. If you're home and away jumper both clash with a team, the third option really needs to minimise the colours of the other two guernseys. Originally developed this one as a 'showdown guernsey' but would work well too as an option to minimise the navy and yellow on the current red jumper.

View attachment 1111322
Love it! Numbers probably need to be gold, navy on red was tried and binned pretty quickly.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Surely if the crows went for less stripes they could satisfy a few of their clash issues against the Hawks and Suns and others.View attachment 1111522
I feel like they might be losing a bit of their identity with less stripes, even if it does look cleaner

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood

View attachment 1111322

how does it go with white numbers? I’m not crash hot on the navy/red contrast

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!

View attachment 1111322
Like, but take the black & white stripes off please!

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
What black and white stripes mate? Do you mean the AFC converging logo?
I think he means the stripes on the side of the AFC shield, that are meant to represent the 9 SANFL clubs, Magpies included... However Fancy actually has already done him the favour and left them out 😛

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I think he means the stripes on the side of the AFC shield, that are meant to represent the 9 SANFL clubs, Magpies included... However Fancy actually has already done him the favour and left them out 😛
Ah yus, to be fair the Crows are the pride of South Australia and not just Adelaide, so they should represent all peoples and clubs, no matter how irrelevant to the design they are :p

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The 2021 Season is well and truly going so that means its time to start designing jumper concepts for season 2022.

Here's a new AFL logo concept to be used in a future portfolio.
View attachment 1111620
I did something similar a while back, totally keen for an AFL shield to return

May 25, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
gc tradional upload.png

Made these after reading the comparison between the GC home and GWS home training jumpers last week. Wasnt going to post them as they were just quick throw togethers but here they are.
I personally think GC could use their logo on the guernsey as it is now but make it part of a traditional design.

-Look at the Crows-30 years in the navy, red and yellow hoops and I cant think of them wearing anything else at home.
-Port outed the SBS for the chevrons and its the most popular guernsey in the fanbase after the PBs.
-WB went back to the red and white hoops after Robodog and as far as I can tell the supporters are happy.

The colour shade that they use now are not fantastic but passable IMO on the right design.

Sammoll

Club Legend
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne City FC, Southampton FC
View attachment 1112047

Made these after reading the comparison between the GC home and GWS home training jumpers last week. Wasnt going to post them as they were just quick throw togethers but here they are.
I personally think GC could use their logo on the guernsey as it is now but make it part of a traditional design.

-Look at the Crows-30 years in the navy, red and yellow hoops and I cant think of them wearing anything else at home.
-Port outed the SBS for the chevrons and its the most popular guernsey in the fanbase after the PBs.
-WB went back to the red and white hoops after Robodog and as far as I can tell the supporters are happy.

The colour shade that they use now are not fantastic but passable IMO on the right design.
I like the pinstripes. Classic design which isn't already used by any team. Would be an easy way to improve their guernsey without any radical redesign

I like the pinstripes. Classic design which isn't already used by any team. Would be an easy way to improve their guernsey without any radical redesign
Pinstripes should be the basis for any new club! Unique for footy and awesome looking!

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Pinstripes are an interesting idea but I think the red Adelaide jumper showed the Gold Coast need to break up the red and yellow in a meaningful way and pinstripes aren't going to do that

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
The 2021 Season is well and truly going so that means its time to start designing jumper concepts for season 2022.

Here's a new AFL logo concept to be used in a future portfolio.
View attachment 1111620
This was a version I stopped playing with a while ago, thought was to change the afl text depending on the league, removing the flag from the old shield but keeping the colour scheme

EE9E161D-E48B-4FA1-A79A-878753B63D43.jpeg

Last edited:

SunsphereParker

Senior List
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Carlton clash concept. Could be marketed as being “Blue to the core” or something. Though I know they’re generally not very popular, I’ve always liked those clash jumpers that are loophole twists of the home (Essendon’s fat sash, Richmond’s yellow side panels, even Adelaide’s torn white clash revealing home jumper underneath etc.)

DB521770-11E7-424D-9C0C-BBD3C72E6B23.jpeg

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Carlton clash concept. Could be marketed as being “Blue to the core” or something. Though I know they’re generally not very popular, I’ve always liked those clash jumpers that are loophole twists of the home (Essendon’s fat sash, Richmond’s yellow side panels, even Adelaide’s torn white clash revealing home jumper underneath etc.)

View attachment 1112504
I like the concept for the middle one as a home kit, but you can hear the Carlton purists seething from here. Based on the constitution you could probably do that middle one and get away with it, but the constitution also says or any other uniform that may be approved by Ordinary Resolution of the Board and approved by the AFL from time to time" so unlike Essendon it the first may actually work anyway.

SunsphereParker

Senior List
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I like the concept for the middle one as a home kit, but you can hear the Carlton purists seething from here. Based on the constitution you could probably do that middle one and get away with it, but the constitution also says or any other uniform that may be approved by Ordinary Resolution of the Board and approved by the AFL from time to time" so unlike Essendon it the first may actually work anyway.

Ah thanks man, but yeah it was only meant as a clash solution, a way for to incorporate a white clash jumper that is essentially still the home jumper (if that makes sense), keeping both the navy base and logo. The one on the left is just a throwaway mock-up alternative with the traditional chamois. Underrated colour imo.

Back