Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton clash concept. Could be marketed as being “Blue to the core” or something. Though I know they’re generally not very popular, I’ve always liked those clash jumpers that are loophole twists of the home (Essendon’s fat sash, Richmond’s yellow side panels, even Adelaide’s torn white clash revealing home jumper underneath etc.)

View attachment 1112504
You can turf the chamois one but I like the white version. It would be interesting to try and wrap the monogram around the back in some way but it is much easier to do as you've done.

Carlton clash concept. Could be marketed as being “Blue to the core” or something. Though I know they’re generally not very popular, I’ve always liked those clash jumpers that are loophole twists of the home (Essendon’s fat sash, Richmond’s yellow side panels, even Adelaide’s torn white clash revealing home jumper underneath etc.)

View attachment 1112504
That white one is absolutely awesome. Has that real 90's pre season sort of feel.

I posted this in the last thread but it is supposed to be for next year.
Essendon 150 Full Kit Fixed.png
A completely black and red kit to celebrate Essendon's 150th anniversary.
Featuring a red and black version of every official logo, the original thin sash and red shorts from the 70s.
The numbers wouldn't be overly legible but Brisbane got away with yellow numbers on white in their AFLW Grand Final and as a one off jumper, I don't think people would really care.

I also thought of making a collage of old memberships, grand final posters and any other old graphic elements for the background. I'm not sure where I would find a lot of that stuff though.

I posted this in the last thread but it is supposed to be for next year.
View attachment 1112779
A completely black and red kit to celebrate Essendon's 150th anniversary.
Featuring a red and black version of every official logo, the original thin sash and red shorts from the 70s.
The numbers wouldn't be overly legible but Brisbane got away with yellow numbers on white in their AFLW Grand Final and as a one off jumper, I don't think people would really care.

I also thought of making a collage of old memberships, grand final posters and any other old graphic elements for the background. I'm not sure where I would find a lot of that stuff though.
Even in motion though the Lions numbers were clearly legible, white numbers would still be the likely answer

1619499519162.png

Would love to see an alternative eagles jumper which isn't white as I'm not the biggest fan of the yellow peril. Thinking something along the lines of ochre or a dark orange with any other colour for wings.

Would love to see an alternative eagles jumper which isn't white as I'm not the biggest fan of the yellow peril. Thinking something along the lines of ochre or a dark orange with any other colour for wings.
Freight Train it's your time to shine :p:p:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been done so many times, I don't know he has any more ochre left in him. The ochre tank might be empty.
Do you remember the ad where a genie grants a lady three wishes and one of her wishes is for a packet of Tim Tams that never runs out? That's FT with ochre.

Any excuse to crack this bad boy out.

1AB2F7E5-D8CE-47CE-8BAB-01EA1FF7B7AA.png

FB56A93D-1A60-4413-A9A0-C1CE5DBCC3F3.png

FWIW, the OG (yellow, the other nickname is legit pretty racist...) jumper is a perfect away/clash jumper and I wish we wore it as our home jumper with blue shorts.

This is a general statement, but I would love the Lions to fully embrace the Fitzroy kit and have it as their primary.

Ideally the kits would be

Home/Away with red or blue shorts at home/white away, add some sort of (undecided) mogram to it in the background like the gold training below
1619567490038.png

Clash (v Swans, Suns, etc) with gold or maroon shorts
1619567606919.png

Last edited:
RE: the crows 3rd guernsey. I really like it from as an isolated guernsey, but as we saw today, it really doesn't work as part of a set. If you're home and away jumper both clash with a team, the third option really needs to minimise the colours of the other two guernseys. Originally developed this one as a 'showdown guernsey' but would work well too as an option to minimise the navy and yellow on the current red jumper.

View attachment 1111322

View attachment 1112504

Love both of these. Awesome.

This is a general statement, but I would love the Lions to fully embrace the Fitzroy kit and have it as their primary.

Ideally the kits would be

Home/Away with red or blue shorts at home/white away, add some sort of (undecided) mogram to it in the background like the gold training below
View attachment 1113309

Clash (v Swans, Suns, etc) with gold or maroon shorts
View attachment 1113311
Fitzroy began with maroon and navy so the current home and away kits pay respect to the Fitzroy legacy quite nicely. A gold clash would be much nicer than the current white one.

Fitzroy began with maroon and navy so the current home and away kits pay respect to the Fitzroy legacy quite nicely. A gold clash would be much nicer than the current white one.
The Fitzroy maroon was changed to red once TV went colour, so the actual colours of Fitzroy became red, blue and gold. To be honest if the home kit was red, blue and gold and the clash was maroon (preferably and not brown or cerise) and gold, it would pay homage to both clubs.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back