Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

O'Neills have been great for Adelaide but I've made two major tweaks to the jumper to really make the red and yellow pop. The first is removing the yellow cuffs and the second is to limit the jumper to two sets of hoops. Also adding a little logo concept I've cooked up lolz.
1635985981875.png

Basically the aim is to make the jumper darker snd sleeker and allow the red and yellow to be equals so they really pop, and also eliminate this little grievance I have with their jumper. The hoops seemingly keep going for as long as they need to rather than having a single uniform look. This picture shows Sam Jacobs having an entire set of hoops more than Eddie Betts. Surely thickening the hoops on the taller players works better?
1635987295060.png

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
O'Neills have been great for Adelaide but I've made two major tweaks to the jumper to really make the red and yellow pop. The first is removing the yellow cuffs and the second is to limit the jumper to two sets of hoops. Also adding a little logo concept I've cooked up lolz.
View attachment 1273815
Basically the aim is to make the jumper darker snd sleeker and allow the red and yellow to be equals so they really pop, and also eliminate this little grievance I have with their jumper. The hoops seemingly keep going for as long as they need to rather than having a single uniform look. This picture shows Sam Jacobs having an entire set of hoops more than Eddie Betts. Surely thickening the hoops on the taller players works better?
View attachment 1273822
It looks good. But yellow cuffs and collar are part of our makeup.
Just as white square on the back of port is. Even if it doesn't look quite right.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
It looks good. But yellow cuffs and collar are part of our makeup.
Just as white square on the back of port is. Even if it doesn't look quite right.
100% agree on O'neills, what a great kit choice. I like the collar/cuffs colour change in the above myself and the hoop limit. I would love to see the collar/cuffs change on the Lions kits (similar to our away red kit) but unlikely to happen i don't think.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
View attachment 1273815
View attachment 1273822
I really dig the navy collar and cuffs. As you said, makes the kit more darker which makes the hoops stand out a bit more. Even if they went with just the yellow collar like they did between 2006-08.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
Fizzler that crows logo!!!! It's so subltle but updated, I reckon that's one of the best takes on the old logo I've seen.

You have a bigger logo?
Took a screenshot of this jumper (which I love!) from pre-season this year. Credit to whoever made it, but sadly no longer remember. Maybe Fizzler?

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.32.14 am.png

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 1273815
View attachment 1273822

The second part is interesting. It's interesting how elements tend to be the same size regardless of how large a jumper is. look at this picture of sam kekovich from the mid 2010s. this is the most extreme version i've seen of this phenomenon, you'd think they'd design the different sizes so the stripes fit evenly regardless of the player's width, but as the jumper gets bigger, it gets more and more like 3 little stripes down the middle and big white voids on the sides.
1636085454247.png

i would really like to see every north jumper have stripes that wrap evenly around the jumper in a consistent pattern, the white down the sides should be the same size as each stripe on the front and back, or as close to that as possible.

Fizzler that crows logo!!!! It's so subltle but updated, I reckon that's one of the best takes on the old logo I've seen.

You have a bigger logo?
Sure do! Glad you like it :)
1636086966356.png

Because “muh black white prison bars”
Sort of, I think the big thing is not that it looks bad, that's a matter of opinion. Personally I don't hate our teal kits, teal definitely looks best when used minimally but this was a ripper. I think the key thing for a lot of supporters is that it kind of muddies the waters in regards to what our history is. Oftentimes our detractors will use a phrase to the effect of "why the prison bars, why not another kit like the 1870 one? Or the teal clash jumper you wore against Collingwood". The answer to that question has been provided hundreds of times so I don't need to say it, but the club definitely wants to prioritise the prison bars as our heritage jumper, hence why we (unfortunately) didn't bother trying to fit the 1870 hoops into the 2020 season.
Where this ties into a new clash jumper or similar is that what we are wearing as a clash is probably the closest thing to the Prison Bars we'll get to see as a primary jumper for a long time in that there's no teal. Branding wise the club has learned the lesson that trying to brand ourselves to everyone as the teal club won't win us any more fans than we have, all it did was disenfranchise the long time Port fans from the SANFL who felt that their club was a shell of itself. No surprises that the thing that has brought in more fans is actually winning, so we may as well play in style rather than being an eyesore while we win.

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I just put up my Crows rebrand concept on my art Instagram if anybody would like to check the post out and give it a like.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Thanks for the kind words everybody. I just put up my Crows rebrand concept on my art Instagram if anybody would like to check the post out and give it a like.

I really struggle with the Crows logos. I think they have a really cool symbol (a crow) but haven't done anything fantastic with it. As much as I don't mind a refresh of the old birdy, I wish that they would do a full new take that is modernised, but maybe have the same layout as the old flying Adelaide Raven crow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back