Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Im of an older generation so am absolutely hopeless at computer design work. Can anyone mock up a St Kilda home jumper using the modern template/sponsors (prefer not NB template to avoid shoulder panels) but based on the 1991/1992 jumper. I’m particularly interested in seeing what the older panel widths and old large club crest in black panel look like in a modern design.
I thought this years design was an abomination with the thin white panel and red panel stopping under the shoulder.
Any help would be appreciated.

Since they're so against changing their design, I made a small change instead of a big one.
Gold Coast isn't a traditional old school club so they don't need an old school traditional design so I put a gradient on it (controversial, I know) but with the gradient being sun beams, I think it works I also used a much darker red which always makes a uniform look better. I also wanted to do a yellow reverse but I'm not a fan of it.

SUNS1.jpg

SUNS2.jpg

Since they're so against changing their design, I made a small change instead of a big one.
Gold Coast isn't a traditional old school club so they don't need an old school traditional design so I put a gradient on it (controversial, I know) but with the gradient being sun beams, I think it works I also used a much darker red which always makes a uniform look better. I also wanted to do a yellow reverse but I'm not a fan of it.

View attachment 1277152

View attachment 1277153
Kinda cool, but we only just got rid of the gradient rays on the logo lol

I do like the centered-blue border around the GC logo, which I think they should just do and have thought that for a while

View attachment 1277152

View attachment 1277153

Looks decent. As i said previously the logo doesn't look quite as s**t with some patterning around it. Also agree the red needs to be darker, i like a cherry red.

Does anybody have the skill to inverse the GC logo on the current sun's jumper so that the background of the logo is yellow and the GC letters and circle are in red with the small white outline?
I just wonder if it would look better, as I think perhaps the reason it looks so bad at the moment is because it's a predominantly red logo on top of a red base.

Does anybody have the skill to inverse the GC logo on the current sun's jumper so that the background of the logo is yellow and the GC letters and circle are in red with the small white outline?
I just wonder if it would look better, as I think perhaps the reason it looks so bad at the moment is because it's a predominantly red logo on top of a red base.

suns3.jpg
suns4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dark Clash idea for Geelong. With North going back to a mostly white home, they might need something like this
View attachment 1278274

Nice. Used to love this one:

gary-ablett-of-the-cats-celebtares-a-goal-during-the-round-17-afl-picture-id2207843

long time lurker .... first time commenter .... absolute design noob but nonetheless have my likes and dislikes

design wish list
1. simplicity, simplicity .... simplicity
2. removal of afl logo on front of jumper (replace it with club logo) .... the vertical stacking of club logo and sponsor does my head in
3. a ban on using cartoonish characters on jumpers (go your hardest on training or pre-season ..... just not on home / away jumpers)
4. a ban on combining jumper patterns with characters/logos (using brisbane as an example, avoid using the lion with a chevron pattern ....... one or the other is fine, not both ................. likewise with lettering - bold lettering on a block colour like carlton is a classic look - doesnt need anything else)
5. a complete gold coast redesign (some of the stuff already presented on this website is fantastic)
6. recent changes to the giants jumper are welcome ..... but always wondered why they didnt design the 'G' in the shape of a nsw state map
7. SIMPLICITY

apologies if this comes across as abrupt ..... just come from an hour reading posts on the science religion and politics thread .... head is still spinning with rage lol

Last edited:
long time lurker .... first time commenter .... absolute design noob but nonetheless have my likes and dislikes

design wish list
1. simplicity, simplicity .... simplicity
2. removal of afl logo on front of jumper (replace it with club logo) .... the vertical stacking of club logo and sponsor does my head in
3. a ban on using cartoonish characters on jumpers (go your hardest on training or pre-season ..... just not on home / away jumpers)
4. a ban on combining jumper patterns with characters/logos (using brisbane as an example, avoid using the lion with a chevron pattern ....... one or the other is fine, not both ................. likewise with lettering - bold lettering on a block colour like carlton is a classic look - doesnt need anything else)
5. a complete gold coast redesign (some of the stuff already presented on this website is fantastic)
6. recent changes to the giants jumper are welcome ..... but always wondered why they didnt design the 'G' in the shape of a nsw state map
7. SIMPLICITY

apologies if this comes across as abrupt ..... just come from an hour reading posts on the science religion and politics thread .... head is still spinning with rage lol
4. Is a bit silly, the Lions could easily do their Bears V with a Lion if they tried a modern version of it (this board has proven this time and time again) e.g. https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/from-footy-to-futbol-week-3-brisbane-lions.1224134/

Or are you referring to the repeating Lion monogram? Because that think needs to be put to death

Remove this Banner Ad

Back