Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cotton On shoulder seam cuts off several designs awkwardly. The colour swap on the shoulders for Adelaide and the Dogs diminishes the impact of the general design. GWS I hesitate to even call that a design, whatever it is.

But I do like that they do a bit more with the shorts. The AFL is a bit too bland in that regard.
I’ll have to also say that the womens Cotton On jumpers look better than the mens. The collar on the womens m is great. Don’t really like the one on the mens though

I’ll have to also say that the womens Cotton On jumpers look better than the mens. The collar on the womens m is great. Don’t really like the one on the mens though

Agree I also like how the accent line goes through to the back above the jumper numbers (example below).

The colours are better too, especially gold coast with the darker red, lions with all the colours and even Freo the purple is more vibrant.

Screenshot_20220131-132705_Chrome.jpg

Agree I also like how the accent line goes through to the back above the jumper numbers (example below).

The colours are better too, especially gold coast with the darker red, lions with all the colours and even Freo the purple is more vibrant.

View attachment 1319250
that is the word- VIBRANT. The jumpers are very bold and vibrant

one thing I really don't like about the cotton on guernseys is the numbers. they're too low down the jumper and the font sucks. Looks especially bad for a club like North where there's no detail above the numbers, just a big white or blue void
I don't mind the font. I wouldn't mind that font transitioning to the men as well?

I also like how the above number sponsor works in the women's. In the men's it seems to be too cramped and congested. The women are more spaced out.

Keeping in mind, the numbers are lower for the girls that have long hair too?

the font they use in the men's is iconic and classic looking, the W one just reminds me of around the turn of the century when some clubs (like my own) tried using different ones and it was just ugly. that old number font is part of the look of footy to me, they're simplified and essentially the default version of each digit, which makes them fit better with a variety of different jumper designs.

Probably alone here but I thought this was a strong design and I'd like to see it return with the new template.
Most of my friends are 'Essedon' supporters, and they all unanimously hated this jumper, and never want to see it return

They identify with red and black, as Geelong does blue and white, Richmond yellow and black, and Collingwood black and white

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of my friends are 'Essedon' supporters, and they all unanimously hated this jumper, and never want to see it return

They identify with red and black, as Geelong does blue and white, Richmond yellow and black, and Collingwood black and white
The one i find funny is the Collingwood one. The only team that i can think of that has relatively recently used gold on their kit is Hawthorn. Considering it has been on the logo for a long while, and as we have seen on our designs, the Pies could make some epic blackout kits with gold trim even as one offs

The one i find funny is the Collingwood one. The only team that i can think of that has relatively recently used gold on their kit is Hawthorn. Considering it has been on the logo for a long while, and as we have seen on our designs, the Pies could make some epic blackout kits with gold trim even as one offs

They could, but according to His Excellency Prince Sir Eddie McGuire MD PhD OAM, Collingwood legally owns black and white stripes globally, with nobody else allowed to consider laying claim to Collingwood's invention...
If they move an inch from it, they may give Port ammunition to return to their traditional jumper

I think Black with some gold would look okay, but I think Collingwood have a really good jumper as it is, and there's also the factor of politics at play

They could, but according to His Excellency Prince Sir Eddie McGuire MD PhD OAM, Collingwood legally owns black and white stripes globally, with nobody else allowed to consider laying claim to Collingwood's invention...
If they move an inch from it, they may give Port ammunition to return to their traditional jumper

I think Black with some gold would look okay, but I think Collingwood have a really good jumper as it is, and there's also the factor of politics at play

Really? What about Newcastle in the epl.

Get back to the home, Dad ;)
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Yes. Problem?

Gold just isn't one of our club colours. The wreaths on our emblem are gold because it evokes heraldry (and also it would just look odd if it were white or black). A good example I can think of is with the Boston Celtics logo where you have Lucky the Leprechaun with his light complexion, not because it's necessarily a colour they use on kits but because it just makes sense within the context of the logo.

That's not to say it wouldn't be nice to see a splash of gold here and there in the future, but I just could never see it becoming more than a gold-coloured training jumper for the reasons above.

Gold just isn't one of our club colours. The wreaths on our emblem are gold because it evokes heraldry (and also it would just look odd if it were white or black). A good example I can think of is with the Boston Celtics logo where you have Lucky the Leprechaun with his light complexion, not because it's necessarily a colour they use on kits but because it just makes sense within the context of the logo.

That's not to say it wouldn't be nice to see a splash of gold here and there in the future, but I just could never see it becoming more than a gold-coloured training jumper for the reasons above.
Not to mention that large amounts of “gold” (it really looks more like djion mustard when they can’t use a shiny material) on a jumper looks terrible. It either needs the right finish to it (like hawthorns power ranger jumper) or it’s not worth doing at all.

Not to mention that large amounts of “gold” (it really looks more like djion mustard when they can’t use a shiny material) on a jumper looks terrible. It either needs the right finish to it (like hawthorns power ranger jumper) or it’s not worth doing at all.
Yeah but i'm not even saying large amounts of gold. Have a look at some of the designs people have done on here with blackouts and slight gold trim, they look epic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back