Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If they wanna stick with the big logo, bringing back the wave full time isn't a bad call, genuinely a cracking, original jumper that if I was a GC fan I would love to see them win a flag in. Tinker with the colours and logo and it's up there with best home jumpers in the league.

The clash wave was a shocker but.

Back on the colours, not a maroon, but a deep almost blood red? same with the yellow, not a gold, but make it really rich. flick that sexy wave, make the logo with no gradient. it's pre good.

Defs add the wave around the gc emblem in some way to change the official logo and it's set.

Okay now this is getting out of hand but
View attachment 1402049
The Gold Coast Sharks

To be real though, they should totally talk to the Sharks about doing some sort of sneaky merger and taking on at least part of their branding.
Even the Sharky's logos look exceptional
View attachment 1402051
Totally agree. The AFL stuffed up by not uplifting a club with a strong history like Southport into the league. Would be ideal but unfortunately won't happen the way things are. For me, the Sharks brand is one of the best of any football club in the country.

The only thing is, would Collingwood have allowed another black and white team in the comp? Or would they have been fine with the contrast in jumpers? (Similar to Geelong/Carlton)

I'd like to think they would have been okay with it, different branding and jumper, but...

The only thing is, would Collingwood have allowed another black and white team in the comp? Or would they have been fine with the contrast in jumpers? (Similar to Geelong/Carlton)

I'd like to think they would have been okay with it, different branding and jumper, but...
Southport have gold as their third colour, so they could easily do a black and gold v over white as their primary kit, a white and gold v on black, or a gold with black and white v for a clash.

For what it's worth I also don't think Collingwood should dictacte any non-Magpie clubs, and it is a well known fact that sharks are apex predators and magpies and cats are food.

A yellow wide vee on a red based guernsey, seems too similar to the Bears imo. Not a bad jumper by any means, but for a club like Gold Coast, there's room to experiment with non-traditional designs.
Yeah 100%, way too Bears, which is another reason why i'm not a fan of just giving them a V with the current colour scheme, seems too close to home

I think I’ve seen something similar on here before… but If the suns did a yellow yoke on a red jumper and used a generic preschooler looking sun with GC in the middle it would make it somewhat unique! I know that it’s pretty much what Brissy have but if you can’t beat them join them

Attachments

• CE03135C-7AF7-40DB-A785-674F092603E9.png
    CE03135C-7AF7-40DB-A785-674F092603E9.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 144

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I’ve seen something similar on here before… but If the suns did a yellow yoke on a red jumper and used a generic preschooler looking sun with GC in the middle it would make it somewhat unique! I know that it’s pretty much what Brissy have but if you can’t beat them join them

Something like this? I like the idea but reckon my one is too busy. I also think that GC need a new logo, but not even sure if the new one should be on the jumper.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 3.28.02 pm.png

I wish gold coast would ditch the blue alltogether, it's like they are still trying to keep it just to appease the theme song mentioning it. The blue makes them even closer to their rival the lions. Red home, yellow away is a stronger identity and could look good if done properly.

I wish gold coast would ditch the blue alltogether, it's like they are still trying to keep it just to appease the theme song mentioning it. The blue makes them even closer to their rival the lions. Red home, yellow away is a stronger identity and could look good if done properly.
Maybe blue fabric is cheaper

They need to go All out and adopt more Azure blue, it is a unique colourway and they could easily do some beach-themed designs that would look awesome

Edit.

I also remember we had a Footy to Futbol comp a while back, here was my entry. Still works to an extent

1652847122669.png

Last edited:
Need to change name of thread to 'GC Jumper Ideas for 2023'
every year we go on a gold coast tangent. usually it's the same ideas every year but sometimes we get some bangers
It's probably been said a bunch, but GC are the only team that really needs a rebrand. Whether that just be a refresh of logo and kit, or a full swap of colours and a fresh start. Freo did something similar in the 2010s when they removed the extra colours from their kit. I do miss the old Anchor, but it has given them a very strong look that they play with in their branding.

It's probably been said a bunch, but GC are the only team that really needs a rebrand. Whether that just be a refresh of logo and kit, or a full swap of colours and a fresh start. Freo did something similar in the 2010s when they removed the extra colours from their kit. I do miss the old Anchor, but it has given them a very strong look that they play with in their branding.
They definitely do they have been completely meh so far in their existence.

would love to see guernseys inspired from the late 90s and early 2000s in some sort of heritage or alternate guernsey forms next year

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.09.24 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.09.24 am.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.09.39 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.09.39 am.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 9.14.39 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 9.14.39 pm.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 9.17.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 9.17.20 pm.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.30.15 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 1.30.15 am.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 151
would love to see guernseys inspired from the late 90s and early 2000s in some sort of heritage or alternate guernsey forms next year
I agree, would love to see a heritage round reintroduced! I made this a while ago and haven't posted it here - a couple tweaks to an old Freo jumper...

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 7.43.46 am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back