Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we insist on jumpers that don't really fix the Clash?
(Rhetorical question, the answer is because the club wants to sell them and jumpers in non-club colours don't sell.)

If they were actually serious they'd use a non-club colour
Like Lime Green
Essendon-Clash-Design.png Essendon-Clash-Design2.png

Why do we insist on jumpers that don't really fix the Clash?
(Rhetorical question, the answer is because the club wants to sell them and jumpers in non-club colours don't sell.)

If they were actually serious they'd use a non-club colour
Like Lime Green

Maybe spoiler alert but will non-club colours be a possible discussion point on your jumpers podcast considering the chronology? Loving it so far.

Not even that non-club coloured jumpers don't sell well, most of them are regarded as the worst jumpers ever.

Maybe spoiler alert but will non-club colours be a possible discussion point on your jumpers podcast considering the chronology? Loving it so far.

Not even that non-club coloured jumpers don't sell well, most of them are regarded as the worst jumpers ever.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
Recorded a new one last night, so that should be up in the next day or so.
We're going in order, from beginning to current, and will then branch off into all the different types of jumpers.
That will include SDN jumpers (Indigenous), Clash jumpers, Sugar Daddy jumpers, Heritage and so on.

And yes, when clubs try to get 'creative' with their designs or colours, they're generally regarded as the worst.

Based on the Richmond dreamtime 2022 Guernsey, I'd like to see the back sash go for a year or two and re introduce the yellow numbers
I've always disliked the white numbers going over the bright yellow sash, it looks horrible from afar. I kind of thought I was the only one so I never said anything but glad there are others who think the same. The Late 90s/Early 00s Tigers jumper is my all time favourite.

View attachment 1427464
river-11-min.jpg

Am I the only one not a fan of the black outlines on a red jumper? Wonder if this can work for us next year onwards.

The current away jumper would look much better with red shorts but considering Essendon will never bring them back, thus I think a darker or light red would look much better.
I quite like the black shadow under the sash that you guys have now more so than the solid outline, I like how it (presumably unintentionally) references the origins of the sash, in that it was an actual physical red sash over a black (and before that navy) jumper. Whoever brought up that comparison here helped me regard Essendon's clash as one of the best in the league.

View attachment 1427464
river-11-min.jpg

Am I the only one not a fan of the black outlines on a red jumper? Wonder if this can work for us next year onwards.

The current away jumper would look much better with red shorts but considering Essendon will never bring them back, thus I think a darker or light red would look much better.
Na you're not alone, I think most people dislike the weird gradient thingo on the red kit (edit: apparently not with Fizz above me lol)

My GC jumper from a few years ago

• It looks like a footy jumper while still having a subtle beach vibe
  • They're stronger colours - the bright yellow, red and blue they currently use are terrible and won't ever look good on a footy jumper. Cleveland Cavs went with similar to these colours because they work. Lighter and brighter tones look childlike.
  • Clash is easy, just swap the red for whatever you want
  • Excuse my horrific graphics skills

1GFNxgO4_o.png

And get a proper mascot ffs, eg Apollo is the greek god on the sun

greek-gods-01.jpg

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
Recorded a new one last night, so that should be up in the next day or so.
We're going in order, from beginning to current, and will then branch off into all the different types of jumpers.
That will include SDN jumpers (Indigenous), Clash jumpers, Sugar Daddy jumpers, Heritage and so on.

And yes, when clubs try to get 'creative' with their designs or colours, they're generally regarded as the worst.
Podcast name? I love your work here and your site. Thanks.

Seeing our clash guernsey yesterday for the first time mid-game once again reminded me that I do in fact still hate it.

Hoping that for 2023 we go back to the baby blue...

product-shot__28894.1644469167.jpg
View attachment 1382586
These are good but Carlton need to bring back the interlocking cloth CFC. This current monogram is ridiculous as the notches at the top are different widths too each other and to the rest of the F. It looks like it has been designed by a five year old. I can’t believe Carlton allowed this monogram to be used. Whoever designed it should have been told to come back when they had sobered up.

F4FD0B23-270E-48BC-A893-115253A32417.jpeg D64D0244-31D1-483A-B28C-803545F81E26.jpeg
These monograms on the two Carlton jerseys (above) are both acceptable. The blue one pays homage to the interlocking cloth monogram. When Carlton reverted back to the old one they used the asymmetrical one that appears on the Puma one, but then they fixed it up by making sure that the notches were the same width. They also used shading that gave the illusion that it had overlapping letters. I don’t why Puma used the trashy one instead of the improved version.

If Puma can’t use the improved version that Nike came up with, they should bring back the CFC that appears in the first photo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My GC jumper from a few years ago

• It looks like a footy jumper while still having a subtle beach vibe
  • They're stronger colours - the bright yellow, red and blue they currently use are terrible and won't ever look good on a footy jumper. Cleveland Cavs went with similar to these colours because they work. Lighter and brighter tones look childlike.
  • Clash is easy, just swap the red for whatever you want
  • Excuse my horrific graphics skills

1GFNxgO4_o.png

And get a proper mascot ffs, eg Apollo is the greek god on the sun
This is a great Gold Coast jersey. It looks like a proper football jersey as opposed to the technicolor yawn that they currently wear.

America's constitution also says it's ok to carry semi automatic machine guns that can mass kill tens of people with minimal checks on purchase.
Constitutions aren't all that great.
I agree with you about constitutions. The second amendment has to go. Australia’s constitution is shocking as it has no bill of rights. There is no constitutional protection in Australia, except for freedom of worship. Free speech is an implied right during elections but it’s not enshrined in the constitution. Australia’s constitution is a document that negotiates trade between states.

I've always disliked the white numbers going over the bright yellow sash, it looks horrible from afar. I kind of thought I was the only one so I never said anything but glad there are others who think the same. The Late 90s/Early 00s Tigers jumper is my all time favourite.
What about a white number square (over the yellow sash) with a black number?

It doesn’t.
Unfortunately it does

Page 1 of the Constitution

(e) The uniform for the AFL Premiership Season must consist of a black jumper or guernsey with a red sash, red and black socks and white or black shorts. Such uniform must be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of the AFL.

But it also states they have to wear black shorts, and they haven't always done that, and the guernsey hasn't always been black (i.e. clash grey). It's a pick and choose thing i think, so maybe one day we'll get a red kit with black sash.

I say this every year but Richmond need to bring back the Yellow and Black Hoop Guernsey worn from 1895-1907 as a one off (I'm no good at photoshop so I just used a design your own guernsey tool on a website)

Screenshot 2022-06-26 220447.png

The original

Richmond-1902.gif

Unfortunately it does

(e) The uniform for the AFL Premiership Season must consist of a black jumper or guernsey with a red sash, red and black socks and white or black shorts. Such uniform must be worn at all matches subject to the rules and directions of the AFL.

But it also states they have to wear black shorts, and they haven't always done that, and the guernsey hasn't always been black (i.e. clash grey). It's a pick and choose thing i think, so maybe one day we'll get a red kit with black sash.

It doesn’t stipulate a red sash at all. It stipulates a black jumper with a red sash, subject to the direction of the AFL.

It makes no statement whatsoever on what we are to wear when the AFL says we can’t wear black with a red sash.

The club could wear a fluorescent green and pink striped jumper as a clash strip without contravening the constitution.

It’s been clarified.

It doesn’t stipulate a red sash at all. It stipulates a black jumper with a red sash, subject to the direction of the AFL.

It makes no statement whatsoever on what we are to wear when the AFL says we can’t wear black with a red sash.

The club could wear a fluorescent green and pink striped jumper as a clash strip without contravening the constitution.

It’s been clarified.
Well I literally quoted it, but I guess you interpret what you want. I also made this exact point in my previous post, they pick and choose

Unfortunately it does

It's the "subject to the rules and directions of the AFL" part that has been interpreted as "you'll do whatever the AFL tells you to do".
The AFL decide what teams wear, based on the options approved by them at the start of the season.

Then there's the lengths the club is willing to stick to that Constitution.
Is this a Black guernsey with a Red sash?

Essendon-Indig-2022.gif
Is this?
Essendon-Country-2017.gif
Or this?
Essendon-Anzac-2022.gif
All were worn in Home games.

The people running Essendon care a lot less about the Constitution of the clubs line about the guernsey than you'd think.

It's the "subject to the rules and directions of the AFL" part that has been interpreted as "you'll do whatever the AFL tells you to do".
The AFL decide what teams wear, based on the options approved by them at the start of the season.

Then there's the lengths the club is willing to stick to that Constitution.
Is this a Black guernsey with a Red sash?

View attachment 1434024
Is this?
View attachment 1434028
Or this?
View attachment 1434029
All were worn in Home games.

The people running Essendon care a lot less about the Constitution of the clubs line about the guernsey than you'd think.
Yeah it's a messy thing. I feel like the AFL would absolutely let them wear the a straight red kit with a black sash if they wanted to and/or just flat-out asked. That Dreamtime kit is also the perfect example of them skirting the edges of what their guernsey is. They do always seem to just love the red object going towards the shoulder like a sash, but they're so abstract about it with some designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back