Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
f forum etiquette and less about the prison bars. I’ve avoided all other recent debates about it so I am attempting to be cautious and not veer off topic, let me know if there is an issue with this post though 👍🏼)

For what it’s worth, my comments were more general and being used as a lead in to the jumper idea I had posted rather than being a crack at the jumper you posted. Despite this, even if it was a crack at you, it becomes a little ironic that you would have this response. We all post our designs on this public forum and just like anyone is allowed to post a design, anyone can share constructive feedback. I tend to post portfolios rather than individual designs so I’m not usually in the same boat, but any feedback I might receive from the fans of the team I’ve designed for is especially appreciated because they’re the fans I’m proposing the design would represent. With Port especially, you kind of have to accept that the fans are going to be just a touch more antsy about jumper designs (especially ones stemming from the prison bars) for a very obvious reason. Sometimes the response might seem harsh but we’ve had the same interactions countless times over the years, it can get tiresome. Either way, please don’t take it as a personal dig because it never is intended as such :)

Regarding the 2 options you’ve listed, I don’t expect you to have caught this given you support a different club, but there’s a 3rd option that seems as though it’s been already chosen by the club. It’s been mentioned this year that we’ve gotten permission to wear the unaltered prison bars in our home showdown every year which is what the club was seeking. This outcome eventually being allowed is the exact reason an altered design was never used by the club and why the fans never let up in pushing for it.
This tread yes is mainly for designs but the good part is the feedback and opinions you hear, weather good or bad, this helps you improve your idea and come up with variations and new ideas, the feedback is just as important as the designs

(For the mods who might be reading this, my justification for replying to this is that my post will still be on the topic of jumper ideas and forum etiquette and less about the prison bars. I’ve avoided all other recent debates about it so I am attempting to be cautious and not veer off topic, let me know if there is an issue with this post though 👍🏼)

For what it’s worth, my comments were more general and being used as a lead in to the jumper idea I had posted rather than being a crack at the jumper you posted. Despite this, even if it was a crack at you, it becomes a little ironic that you would have this response. We all post our designs on this public forum and just like anyone is allowed to post a design, anyone can share constructive feedback. I tend to post portfolios rather than individual designs so I’m not usually in the same boat, but any feedback I might receive from the fans of the team I’ve designed for is especially appreciated because they’re the fans I’m proposing the design would represent. With Port especially, you kind of have to accept that the fans are going to be just a touch more antsy about jumper designs (especially ones stemming from the prison bars) for a very obvious reason. Sometimes the response might seem harsh but we’ve had the same interactions countless times over the years, it can get tiresome. Either way, please don’t take it as a personal dig because it never is intended as such :)

Regarding the 2 options you’ve listed, I don’t expect you to have caught this given you support a different club, but there’s a 3rd option that seems as though it’s been already chosen by the club. It’s been mentioned this year that we’ve gotten permission to wear the unaltered prison bars in our home showdown every year which is what the club was seeking. This outcome eventually being allowed is the exact reason an altered design was never used by the club and why the fans never let up in pushing for it.
the bars should be worn every now and then I don't think they should represent the power, its the magpies history, Im still thinking the first clash would be great as a new home kit

I'm still certain this jumper would sell out within a day if executed properly. Might mock it up with 2024 sponsors and push it again.

Literal perfection, loving the thicker pattern as well as the texture. And as much as I love cream coloured cricket uniforms, this looks even more elite with a brighter white. I reckon wearing this against the Bulldogs and the Eagles would be a suitable enough use for it, now we just need someone from the club to see it!

I do love the Melbourne cricket jumper ideas, but I'd love to see an in person version of it before I give final judgement. For some reason I can imagine it looking absolutely hideous as a tight footy jumper compared to cricket knits.

I guess it isn't that different to a Swans rounded V jumper though.

This thread is coming to the end of its lifespan, but I didn't want to make a new thread just to post teams that aren't competing in 2025. That being said, I made some concepts for the Sydney Celtics, Fitzroy and the Brisbane Bears if they were still around. Feel free to like and follow on IG if you'd like to see some more stuff in that vein.

This thread is coming to the end of its lifespan, but I didn't want to make a new thread just to post teams that aren't competing in 2025. That being said, I made some concepts for the Sydney Celtics, Fitzroy and the Brisbane Bears if they were still around. Feel free to like and follow on IG if you'd like to see some more stuff in that vein.

That green and white uniform looks awesome.

Hoops are such an under-utilized design

Hoops are such an under-utilized design
3 teams have the hoops, Geelong Bulldogs and Crows, 3 have stripes and one with tri-panel kinda stripes, 2 with sashes, 2 monogram’s, multiple variations on yokes, 1 wings and a weird G. Maybe Tassie will have some hoops?

3 teams have the hoops, Geelong Bulldogs and Crows, 3 have stripes and one with tri-panel kinda stripes, 2 with sashes, 2 monogram’s, multiple variations on yokes, 1 wings and a weird G. Maybe Tassie will have some hoops?
I want the two stripes or something differnt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a new team comes in with a design element reminiscent of another team(s)'s design, and especially an element that is most common in the league, then the marketing team have failed.

GWS had a unique yoke design, and one that differentiated itself from Brisbane (until they changed the OG design to what they have now.

Gold Coast... yeah we've been through this.

i really want gws to do a team gws kit with modern g and colours
I would actually much prefer them do an old style monogram on their kit rather than a "New G"...

Im terrible at monograms, and rely on old school MS Paint, but something like this done professionally would be great.

Something a little old school or traditional to stop making them look like a recently made franchise
GWS Jumper.png

I would actually much prefer them do an old style monogram on their kit rather than a "New G"...

Im terrible at monograms, and rely on old school MS Paint, but something like this done professionally would be great.

Something a little old school or traditional to stop making them look like a recently made franchise
View attachment 1925846
they are a new club that is their branding, the g is in the shape on nsw, I don't hate the G kinda bland for a full on logo but works and looks good on kits

If a new team comes in with a design element reminiscent of another team(s)'s design, and especially an element that is most common in the league, then the marketing team have failed.

GWS had a unique yoke design, and one that differentiated itself from Brisbane (until they changed the OG design to what they have now.

Gold Coast... yeah we've been through this.
Not necessarily. A sash or hoops with right colour combo could look original and traditional and great. As for Suns and Giants, both have poor choice of , both are uninspiring and uninteresting to me. Suns should have Gold not yellow and some other colour that works with it and I reckon Giants would have been great with light blue and some other colour that works with it. Both would be original and distinctive, both are now neither. And would instantly be recognised as themselves and wouldn’t clash with main rival and most other teams, something that also doesn’t happen now.

IMG_7934.jpeg

Probably more of a 2025 ideas thing, but really a great route for the Gold Coast to consider going down - using this as the away guernsey, with the red version of this as the home.

Builds a unique on-field identity for one of the newer teams, and without a successful history (not a jab) or iconic design to worry about (West Coast going away from the wings comes to mind), seems like an easy dub.

View attachment 1926118

Probably more of a 2025 ideas thing, but really a great route for the Gold Coast to consider going down - using this as the away guernsey, with the red version of this as the home.

Builds a unique on-field identity for one of the newer teams, and without a successful history (not a jab) or iconic design to worry about (West Coast going away from the wings comes to mind), seems like an easy dub.
Away but NOT with white shorts. Red black or yellow shorts

Thinking the same thing! They gotta do away with the Smiths Chips kit now! 💛
Home is fine minus racing stripes, does anyone else out there rate the yellow sides??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back