ToroHombre

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Was discussing this with a friend the other day, there's going to be a LOT of vacant numbers this year that deserve filling - 4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14,22,27,31 and 32 will all be empty (or still empty) after this year and we have a swag of youngsters in waiting to fill all the numbers (except maybe Richo's). So, who do we put where?

I like Hardwicks idea that you need to earn your number, but next year we're gonna have so many kids we'll have half the team wearing 35+.

For mine:
4 - Martin
14 - Nason
11 - Astbury

That is all, none of the others have really done enough to warrant a drop in number. Give the new players numbers from 27 onwards.

I reckon Astbury 4. Dunno why, just fits. I'd like to see Griffiths in 1.

Yeah that's most likely the case. Reckon Griff would suit it though. Nason has 13 all over him, was going to say that too.

Yeah that's most likely the case. Reckon Griff would suit it though. Nason has 13 all over him, was going to say that too.
Saying "Nason has 13 all over him" sounds like a bit of an insult, but I see what you're getting at.
Personally I think also Martin 4, Astbury 6, and maybe move Webberley up to 14, and give Taylor 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Andy Collins deserves the 4 . He started in 42 , went to 24 and should go to 4. They can retire it at the start of 2015 when he becomes our next Captain. Maybe give Martin 6 and the Sex Monster 12.

Why is no one suggesting #12 for Dusty? I just realised I always assumed it would go to a big forward, but it doesn't at all. Could be a possibility. Would be the only first year player to have gotten close to earning it so far.

Why is no one suggesting Dustin gets the number 5 gurnsey? The 3 best numbers imo are 3,5 and 9. Lids has 3, cotch has 9, give Dusty 5.

Astbury to get 6. Collins to get 4.

Nason to get 13 and give Connors 11.

Let the coaches decide who gets a low number, rank them (e.g. Dusty first, Astbury second etc.), then let the players decide in turn which number they want.

The 3 best numbers imo are 3,5 and 9.
Maybe I'm just showing my age but there was Royce Hart who wore number 4 for the Tigers.

The best player in my 40-odd years of barracking for the club.

Off the top of my head, I've traditionally regarded 17 (obviously), 4, 29 and 30 as our holy of holies. I'm more than happy to add 12 - the big fellow is very comfortable in that pantheon.

personally like the current numbers :cool:
nase looks good in 47, 13 means dale thomasish :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back