Jumper Numbers 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Available are 5, 14, 16, 21, 23, 29, 33 and 38.

If it were up to me to allocate them

5 - Delean
14 - Sharpe
16 - Simpson
21 - Murphy
23 - McDonald
29 - Rookie selection

16 was retired for a year - thats enough.
Time to bring 29 back. I would give it to a rookie,,give them a lift.

Some high quality numbers available. 16, 29, 33…. Excited to see who gets them next.

I like the idea of past players handing them over to the new breed. Get Dave, Pav and Wiz down there to present them.

Personally, I think Erasmus moves up to 5 this season, opening up 28.

As just stated, it does seem like Johnson wants to keep 44, but I'm wondering if he'd be tempted by 14.

There's also the possibility of some players requesting higher numbers. Possibly Treacy or Wagner, maybe a Conrad Williams moves up to 33 if we think he's going to make it, but I'm less convinced on these.

So with all that said, I think:

#5 Erasmus
#14 Johnson
#16 Simpson
#21 McDonald
#23 Sharp
#28 Murphy
#29 Delean
#33 Williams
#38 Jones

Simpson seems a good fit for 16 character-wise. Whilst after getting a better idea of Deleans personality since the draft, I think he's got that bit of dog in him to embrace the 'challenge' of taking 29.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally, I think Erasmus moves up to 5 this season, opening up 28.

As just stated, it does seem like Johnson wants to keep 44, but I'm wondering if he'd be tempted by 14.

There's also the possibility of some players requesting higher numbers. Possibly Treacy or Wagner, maybe a Conrad Williams moves up to 33 if we think he's going to make it, but I'm less convinced on these.

So with all that said, I think:

#5 Erasmus
#14 Johnson
#16 Simpson
#21 McDonald
#23 Sharp
#28 Murphy
#29 Delean
#33 Williams
#38 Jones

Simpson seems a good fit for 16 character-wise. Whilst after getting a better idea of Deleans personality since the draft, I think he's got that bit of dog in him to embrace the 'challenge' of taking 29.
Stanley could probably move up as well, pretty sure he didn’t get a chance to choose as an MSD selection.

5. Simpson. High number similar to Serong and Brayshaw, with whom he'll form a devastating midfield for the next decade. Plus he was wearing 3 in his highlights, so might prefer the single digit number anyway?
14. Sharp if the reports are true. But if not, then Odin Jones who likes a bit of physicality and niggle. Follows on from one of my favourites in Antoni Grover who was physical and dependable.
16. Murphy. No comparisons here with the former holder of this number.
21. McDonald. Pure Hamling replacement, right down to jumper number.
23. Stanley. Heaps better than the last bloke who wore this number in his position... You show 'em Ethan.
29. Jones/Sharp. See notes for 14.
33. Delean. Following the tradition a certain former mercurial forward. All hail the new Purple Jesus!
38. Next cab off the rank...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back