Prediction Jumper Numbers for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming that we don't delist any more players, and that Deluca is successfully rookie listed - we will have 8 jumper numbers to fill:

You'd imagine that the three numbers in the 40s would go to rookies/late draft picks; but who will get the four low numbers? Is there a chance of number reshuffling within the squad? Players like Apeness, Grey, Langdon and A Pearce may ask for lower numbers. Bennell would be favourite for the #4 jumper (hopefull not an ill omen), and McCarthy would probably get the #14 if a trade is reached.

1 Hayden Ballantyne
2 Anthony Morabito
3 Zac Dawson
4 <VACANT>
5 Garrick Ibbotson
6 Danyle Pearce
7 Nat Fyfe
8 Nic Suban
9 Matt de Boer
10 Michael Walters
11 Tom Sheridan
12 Jonathon Griffin
13 Tendai Mzungu
14 Lachie Weller
15 <VACANT>
16 David Mundy
17 Hayden Crozier
18 <VACANT>
19 Connor Blakely
20 Matt Taberner
21 Michael Barlow
22 Tanner Smith
23 Chris Mayne
24 <VACANT>
25 Alex Pearce
26 Ed Langdon
27 Lachie Neale
28 Brady Grey
29 Matthew Pavlich
30 Zachary Clarke
31 Aaron Sandilands
32 Stephen Hill
33 Cameron Sutcliffe
34 Lee Spurr
35 Michael Apeness
36 Alex Silvagni
37 Michael Johnson
38 Jack Hannath
39 Josh Deluca
40 <VACANT>
41 <VACANT>
42 Ethan Hughes
43 <VACANT>
44 <VACANT>
45 Sean Hurley
46 Clancee Pearce

Last edited:
I'd be half tempted to move someone like Alex Pearce to #4 as to reduce the chance of a "Jumper #4 Curse" being created. Pitt and Sylvia were disasters, and they say bad luck comes in threes (or is that a Dawson joke?). Gone are the days of Wills and Hasleby where #4 was prestigious.
#4 - Alex Pearce
#15 - Bennell
#18 - McCarthy
#24 - 1st round pick
#25 - 2nd round pick

Would love the #18 be presented to another 10 year loyal Freo star. McCarthy is perfect for it.
Bennell #4 is also great- Hasleby was a young start and suits Harley to a T.
A good question would be- in the next season or two what are we going to do with #29? Huge shoes to fill, possibly retire it for a few years as a sign of respect?

A good question would be- in the next season or two what are we going to do with #29? Huge shoes to fill, possibly retire it for a few years as a sign of respect?
I think 15 years has been long enough to give respect to Brad Wira.

If Pav retires I'd love to see McCarthy take his number. I love a little bit of number handy-down romance. I had a few tears when Hill grabbed 32 over picking a high number.

Or Maybe if Pav retires so should his number?... If the Bulls retired Jordan's number it makes sense for Freo to retire Pav's? Amirite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pav retires I'd love to see McCarthy take his number. I love a little bit of number handy-down romance. I had a few tears when Hill grabbed 32 over picking a high number.

Or Maybe if Pav retires so should his number?... If the Bulls retired Jordan's number it makes sense for Freo to retire Pav's? Amirite?
Yep hang it from the rafters

Is there any rule or something that AFL Players can't wear numbers over 50+? Rehn from Adelaide was 52 from memory
The highest Fremantle has ever had is Neil Mildenhall (#50). We also had Peter Miller with #49, Greg Madigan with #48 and Jay van Berlo and Jamie Merillo with #47.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back