32 - Jacob Edwards
36 - Phoenix Spicer
39 - Flynn Perez
43 - Aaron Hall

My Predictions/Choices:
15 - Zac Fisher
17 - Toby Pink
23 - Dylan Stephens

Stephens and Fisher just get the earliest available final digit of their previous numbers. Toby Pink, well, a key defender from the SANFL should get Nathan Grima's number. Not expecting anyone to move down to a lower number.
7 - Reid
10 - McKercher

or

7 - Dursma, although I wouldn't mind Stephens in 7
10 - McKercher

And what sort of player is he? Clearly big KPD, but foot skills etc.

Love him as a footballer, Toby is hard working and smart. He plays within himself disposal wise, and just does not make a lot of errors. I would not expect the type of brain farts we have regularly seen over the past few years from some of our key defenders. North fans will love his 1%ers. He can take a contested mark and is versatile to be able to move forward (was a junior forward).

I would however temper expectations, as I am not so sure he is big enough to be going one on one with the real heavyweight forwards. Athletically he is decent, but I suspect he has been seen as a bit of a tweener. As a few have said, there has not been a lot of quality key forwards in the SANFL recently, so will be interesting to see how goes. Worth the free hit, my hope is he does something like Narni Grima.

1. Watto
7: Stephens
10: Harley/top 3 pick
15: Fisher
17: first round pick (15)
22: first round pick (18)
23: Nyuon
32: pink

1. Nyuon (If Mahoney goes) otherwise #43
7: Fisher
10: Reid/top 3 pick
15: Stephens
17: Curtin/ Duursma/Watson
22: 1st round pick #15
23: Pink/ 1st Round pick #18
32: Pink/ 1st Round pick #18

I think 7, 10 and 22 will be "rested" next year.
If any jumper numbers got rested for a year it would be 10.

Jack was good but not in the great catagory and Goldy just went to another club. Why would you honor him for that..It he had stayed them maybe.

Having a player that could honour the jumper would be better than resting it for a year. So 10 should be given to our first pick if they wanted it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any jumper numbers got rested for a year it would be 10.

Jack was good but not in the great catagory and Goldy just went to another club. Why would you honor him for that..It he had stayed them maybe.

Having a player that could honour the jumper would be better than resting it for a year. So 10 should be given to our first pick if they wanted it.
McKercher would look great in 10.
7 for *Harley or Sanders/Dursma
23 for Shoenmaker …..I think we take him at 18.…..Left footed David Dench running with pill again.
22 for the pink man…..Fridge Roberts Flying redhead again.
Dunno about Biggy.….probs 1 if Mahoney goes.

I can’t even remember off top of my head what number Bonar has….shows you his impact.

Edit 16 for James Leake…..the Steve McCann mr fix it.

I think 7, 10 and 22 will be "rested" next year.

Doubt it, we have potentially 5 Rnd 1 picks to fill
Jumper numbers.

Wardlaw and Sheez got given two of the best numbers in the club last year and we will have two equally as deserving prospects this draft.

Duursma wore #9 for both Gippsland and Vic Country, LDU isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

As a fellow country utility, I could see him being given #7.

Could definitely see McKercher in #10.

#15 is a big number in the clubs history that’s been somewhat diluted these last few years, a Rnd 1 pick definitely finds them in that.

As they will in #23.

#1 isn’t a big number but a low one.

Generally some vacant numbers are offered to 3rd and 4th year players.

Someone like Eddie Ford might be offered something like #1 or #15 imo.

1. Watto
17: first round pick (15)
22: first round pick (18)
32: pink
1. Watto
16: pick 15
17: pick 17
22: pick 18
28: Pink
32: pick 57 or rookie pick 2
39: DFA or SSP or vacant til msd

1. Watto
16: pick 15
17: pick 17
22: pick 18
28: Pink
32: pick 57 or rookie pick 2
39: DFA or SSP or vacant til msd
Everyone who has ever had no 1 has had s**t go south for them. We should retire it permanently.

Everyone who has ever had no 1 has had s**t go south for them. We should retire it permanently.
The number 1 has always been a bit of a curse for the club. The longest holder of it in recent times is Hamish McIntosh (2006-12) Prior to that is Bernie McCarthy (1962-71) Only eight club captains have held the number, the last one in 1952. Many players who have moved up to it from another number have not lasted much longer at the club (eg Spargo,Romero, Daw)

The number 1 has always been a bit of a curse for the club. The longest holder of it in recent times is Hamish McIntosh (2006-12) Prior to that is Bernie McCarthy (1962-71) Only eight club captains have held the number, the last one in 1952. Many players who have moved up to it from another number have not lasted much longer at the club (eg Spargo,Romero, Daw)
Mahony...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back