Prediction Jumper numbers for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

67aff35b7a094fa3a4622c24536cb955.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gotta say, enjoying this new found communication from the club. We’re usually one of the last to find out guernsey numbers. This on top of the new draftee videos has been a pleasant surprise.
I recall Pyke mentioning he wanted us to get better in that area.

All hail Don.

In the main, I'm not overly precious about jumper numbers. A player can make it their own, whatever.

But I don't really get following the song and dance around the legacy #9 with the handing over of Hurn's #25 to Matt Flynn.

They spent a year on Hurn hagiography and now a second string ruck is wearing it. He may become a gun, but it feels like we're devaluing it.

In the main, I'm not overly precious about jumper numbers. A player can make it their own, whatever.

But I don't really get following the song and dance around the legacy #9 with the handing over of Hurn's #25 to Matt Flynn.

They spent a year on Hurn hagiography and now a second string ruck is wearing it. He may become a gun, but it feels like we're devaluing it.
9 has always been our marquee player - Cuz, NN and now Harley hence the song and dance.

Bunga, whilst being a champion of the game and our club, was blue collar, workman like and maybe thats what we see Flynn as. No fuss type of operator, come in and get the job done.

9 has always been our marquee player - Cuz, NN and now Harley hence the song and dance.

Bunga, whilst being a champion of the game and our club, was blue collar, workman like and maybe thats what we see Flynn as. No fuss type of operator, come in and get the job done.
Always? #9 wasn't even the first marquee number.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh on Peter Wilson

I am sure 'Like a cork in the ocean", would strongly agree with you Miguel.

download-19.jpg

A 117 games, 84 goal, dual Premiership player for West Coast, hardly a shabby achievement.

Plus "Chisel Chin" was a player, who was harder than a cat's head, and as ferocious as a feral moggie.

I am sure 'Like a cork in the ocean", would strongly agree with you Miguel.

View attachment 1859865

A 117 games, 84 goal, dual Premiership player for West Coast, hardly a shabby achievement.

Plus "Chisel Chin" was a player, who was harder than a cat's head, and as ferocious as a feral moggie.
Not doubting Pistol Pete wasn't a genuinely good player, even if my age didn't allow me to watch much of him.

But in terms of being the most marketable player on our list. Well Cuzzy and Nic were both exactly that from the moment they walked in to the moment they left and Harley rightfully takes this mantle.

Last edited:
Not doubting Pistol Pete wasn't a genuinely good player, even if my age didn't allow me to watch much of him.

But in terms of being the most marketable player on our list. Well Cuzzy and Nic were both exactly that from the moment they walked in to the moment they left and Harley rightfully takes that mantle this.

Oh I agree with your comments a completely different level of marketability and $$$$$$$ potential to the Club.
All three on the top tier of a marketing departments dream.

Wilson being such an unusual and intense player, who channeled his aggression on field for the betterment of the team, he did have a bit of a cult following .... mad as a half cut snake was a fired up Wilson.

If there was an all in brawl, anywhere on the ground, Wilson would sprint to get involved and he was a heavy hitter, between him and Worsfold they kept the first flying in the brawl.

17 is the golden number

Every player wearing it has won a flag

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

#3 is a huge number for us too, with only Mainwaring, Judd & Gaff wearing it in history.

Each had great careers with us, but also some pretty sad events attached to each guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back