News Jumper numbers released!

Remove this Banner Ad

fireworks.gif

Not sure I like that. Just makes us seem bitter. Hendo won't care what we put there. Time to just move on imo.
Dunno about that. It's a fairly small gesture of rubbing his nose in it, but fits in with what they were doing and you can't deny the element of truth to it.
Looking at the rest, it almost looks like it was done with some others too, although possibly just coincidence.
Menzel - passionate (didn't show much passion this year for whatever reason and hung his head a fair bit)
Yarran - creative (was supposed to be one of his biggest attributes along with his speed, but was severely lacking)
Holman - focused (supposedly had some off-field issues that might have been a distraction)
Bell - silky (I would hope they wouldn't have a dig at Bell after giving his all, but coincidentally his biggest flaw was his disposal)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno about that. It's a fairly small gesture of rubbing his nose in it, but fits in with what they were doing and you can't deny the element of truth to it.
Looking at the rest, it almost looks like it was done with some others too, although possibly just coincidence.
Menzel - passionate (didn't show much passion this year for whatever reason and hung his head a fair bit)
Yarran - creative (was supposed to be one of his biggest attributes along with his speed, but was severely lacking)
Holman - focused (supposedly had some off-field issues that might have been a distraction)
Bell - silky (I would hope they wouldn't have a dig at Bell after giving his all, but coincidentally his biggest flaw was his disposal)
I would like to believe it's all coincidence, it would seem a little petty and unnecessary for a club that is moving on from the past.

Not sure I like that. Just makes us seem bitter. Hendo won't care what we put there. Time to just move on imo.

Not bitter but aware of what we need to be successful. We are sending a message about the attributes required to be a good team. There is very few bigger football crimes than being conditional, and then collecting a pay cheque for being so. You not only let yourself down, your team down and your supporters down, you drag every other player down with you as you cost them their own chance at success.

I'm bitter .. maybe. I'd like to think of it being a reality check and deserved kick in the pants for time wasted.

Last edited:
I think the "Committed" is a message to fans and for the future, too. Sure, it's easy to relate it backwards to Henderson and his lack of commitment, but it's also about how we all need to believe that Weitering IS committed and everyone at Carlton IS committed to going forward together. I'm fine with it. Even if part of my thinks we're already terrified of Weitering leaving.

Not bitter but aware of what we need to be successful. We are sending a message about the attributes required to be a good team. There is very few bigger football crimes than being conditional, and then collecting a pay cheque for being so. You not only let yourself down, your team down and your supporters down, you drag every other player down with you as you cost them their own chance at success.

I'm bitter .. maybe. I'd like to think of it being a reality check and deserved kick in the pants for time wasted.
No problem with them putting the word there - putting it there as a sly crack at Hendo is just silly though.

I'd like to hope we wouldn't stoop to that.

No problem with them putting the word there - putting it there as a sly crack at Hendo is just silly though.

I'd like to hope we wouldn't stoop to that.

Why? Who do they have to appease here?

Most supporters know what Hendo did this year. The club can use a word, we can interpret it as deliberate or coincidental as we see fit as there will not be any official statement as to the intention (just a rumour that it was deliberate).

As a supporter I think the interpretation suits me. I feel let down by uncommitted footballers and am comforted by thinking that the club feels that way too. You find it petty. Maybe they aren't catering to you on this occasion. Maybe they are catering to the likes of me, but leaving it subtle enough that we can choose either path as to their intention.

Why? Who do they have to appease here?

Most supporters know what Hendo did this year. The club can use a word, we can interpret it as deliberate or coincidental as we see fit as there will not be any official statement as to the intention (just a rumour that it was deliberate).

As a supporter I think the interpretation suits me. I feel let down by uncommitted footballers and am comforted by thinking that the club feels that way too. You find it petty. Maybe they aren't catering to you on this occasion. Maybe they are catering to the likes of me, but leaving it subtle enough that we can choose either path as to their intention.
No problem with that. The suggestion was that we used it especially on that one as a dig at the previous player.

As I said, I'd like to hope that's rubbish and that the word was designed with the members in mind, rather than a player that doesn't care less about us.

No problem with that. The suggestion was that we used it especially on that one as a dig at the previous player.

As I said, I'd like to hope that's rubbish and that the word was designed with the members in mind, rather than a player that doesn't care less about us.

Possibly a bit of both. We correlate #23 with Henderson and know he was not committed. Maybe a fine distinction, a message to the members about the lack of commitment from the previous wearer as opposed to a direct message to the previous wearer.

What qualities from the guernseys would've actually fit henderson? Almost any positive attribute could have been viewed as a crack towards him...and yarran.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back