Jumper Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know its only a trivial thing but , hey, we have new players.

Free numbers are 1, 3, 17, 23, 24, 35, 38, 40.

Tradition at Freo has been to give the top draft pick the lowest available number - so Chapman gets #1 I would assume?

Also Thomas has 46, Dumin has 44 and Watson has 45 while our list size is only 43. Do we squash them up a bit?

Such conundrums.

I know its only a trivial thing but , hey, we have new players.

Free numbers are 1, 3, 17, 23, 24, 35, 38, 40.

Tradition at Freo has been to give the top draft pick the lowest available number - so Chapman gets #1 I would assume?

Also Thomas has 46, Dumin has 44 and Watson has 45 while our list size is only 43. Do we squash them up a bit?

Such conundrums.
Cerra has 5 and Brayshaw 8.

Darcy also has 4. Not sure if its tradition

Ballas Mk II. Improvements on the old model include increased speed and bigger kick, all packed into a unit with slightly smaller dimensions.
I think we also need to remember the Ballas from 2009-2016 was a an absolute jet. Western is still unproven, but if he gets to Ballas ‘in his prime’ level - we’ll have a bloody good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra was also pick number 5 which I think is what gave him the same number
But Brayshaw was picked before Cerra, and they got the numbers the opposite way. Number 8 had a little but more ‘value’ because Shaun Mac, club legend, so the higher pick of the two got that number. And Cerra was pick 5 so I guess they felt it warranted him getting 5 in that situation. Dunno bout that, but the 8 was definitely the Shaun McManus connection.
They go mix it’s up sometimes. Where did 29 fit in that drafting order? I genuinely don’t remember.
#Vote1Serong! 😉

Number 22 sucks
Would No. 29 also suck if Matthew Pavlich hadn't worn it?

Let's remember the number wasn't always worn by the great man - he made number 29 what it us.

Let's remember the number wasn't always worn by the great man - he made number 29 what it us.
Harsh on Brad Wira

Kevin Bartlett comes to mind. Gary Ablett Jnr, Boomer Harvey. I’m talking about the number in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back