Jumper Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

I like to see the best players in the single digits! The bottom feeders can wear numbers in the late 20’s & 30’s! There’re obviously exceptions to this. 23, 29 and so on... my points still stands.. Serong to don the #1. The likes of Banfield can have #22

Never has there been a greater injustice than when Zac Dawson wore the #3. Still haunts me to this day

Last edited:
Just listening to an interview with Joel Western's dad from this morning and it sounds like Western will get jumper 34.

If Bewley has taken the #1 or #3 I will be ropable.

Yeah, not sure now if its going to be something official - it sounded like it. His dad was saying that's the jumper he wore at training today and that Peter Bell had mentioned to Joel it was Paul Medhurst's number - and his dad mentioned it was Joel's first number at Claremont colts.

Never has there been a greater injustice then when Zac Dawson wore the #3. Still haunts me to this day

Dawson > Schammer

my guess
1 - Chapman
3 - NOD
17 - Cox
23 - Freddy
24 - Bewley
34 - Western
35 - Walker
36 - Treacy
Never has there been a greater injustice than when Zac Dawson wore the #3. Still haunts me to this day
Langdon denying Cam his role as the natural successor for the number 26 is the real travesty

17 needs to get in the bin. The illustrious history of the #17 at FFC

View attachment 1026892

#Vote1Serong

I’m testing my memory, but in the year Lord David Mundy was drafted, he was drafted with 2 other players. One of them was given 17, but never debuted.

Dodswell (sp) & E.......

Off to do some research.

Edit :- it was the 2002 draft ( year before Mundy ). Brett Doswell & Greg Edgecum. I’m sure Greg was allocated 17.

Last edited:
I’m testing my memory, but in the year Lord David Mundy was drafted, he was drafted with 2 other players. One of them was given 17, but never debuted.

Dodswell (sp) & E.......

Off to do some research.

Edit :- it was the 2002 draft ( year before Mundy ). Brett Doswell & Greg Edgecum. I’m sure Greg was allocated 17.

Correct Edgcumbe was 17, Doswell was 30.

Other guys in 17 who never played and so don’t appear in IP’s table:
- Joel Houghton (2010-2011)
- Darren Capewell who was on your inaugural list

(PS Forgive the intrusion, I’m just here to get the goss on new jumper numbers)

Dodswell (sp) & E.......

Off to do some research.

Oh yeah - there have been many others cursed by the number 17 at our footy club. These were just the ones who actually made it out onto the field. Tarrant and Ballas couldn’t pass it off quick enough. Johnson and Schofield coasted to retirement in it.
Hayden Crozier never reached his potential wearing it.
26 seasons - 194 appearances total. Chuck it in the bin and set it on fire!
Just don’t give it to any of the new boys. If Bewley is moving from 34 as is the rumour, and he has a favourite number he has his eye on ... please let it be 17.

Oh yeah - there have been many others cursed by the number 17 at our footy club. These were just the ones who actually made it out onto the field. Tarrant and Ballas couldn’t pass it off quick enough. Johnson and Schofield coasted to retirement in it.
Just don’t give it to any of the new boys. If Bewley is moving from 34 as is the rumour, and he has a favourite number he has his eye on ... please let it be 17.

In what world is Bewley dictating what number he gets to wear. He'd be lucky to cut the oranges in 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just did some digging and it looks like he was 16 at Williamstown (not available obviously but 17 is close) and 1 at Western Jets.

No probs with your intrusion, rational discussion is encouraged and welcomed by me.

The history of #22 wasn't looking too good until Serong got it. Apart from Scott Thorton with 88 games, the next best was Shane Kersten with 29 games.

The official website currently lists Hayden Young for 5 games in #27, instead of #26 - and no mention of Sam Sturt's 3 games in #27.

Some of the nasty comments about our players on these forums are way over the top.
If Bewley wants no 1 then he can bloody well have it. He gives 100% just like the rest of them.
May as well give Banfield #3 while we’re at it

17 needs to get in the bin. The illustrious history of the #17 at FFC

View attachment 1026892

#Vote1Serong
Hahaha i forgot Mark Johnson played for us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back