Jumper Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomas taking 24, I like the brashness.
I agree with Wizard, you don't disrespect #31 when you're a kid that's done three quarters of * all with it in your first year.

Oh yeah - there have been many others cursed by the number 17 at our footy club. These were just the ones who actually made it out onto the field. Tarrant and Ballas couldn’t pass it off quick enough. Johnson and Schofield coasted to retirement in it.
Hayden Crozier never reached his potential wearing it.
26 seasons - 194 appearances total. Chuck it in the bin and set it on fire!
Just don’t give it to any of the new boys. If Bewley is moving from 34 as is the rumour, and he has a favourite number he has his eye on ... please let it be 17.

You got your wish at least

I don't understand the backlash on here to Henry leaving #31. It's his choice, if he wants another number he can, yes 31 has history, but who cares?

It's hardly backlash.

He just shouldn't have accepted it to begin with if he wasn't happy to use it for his entire career IMO.

It's hardly backlash.

He just shouldn't have accepted it to begin with if he wasn't happy to use it for his entire career IMO.
Sounds like
1. It was next to Hilly who he lives with to help adjust to AFL.

2. He wanted to get as close to 33 or 23 as possible.

Think it might be a good sign.

#3 Serong
#4 Darcy
#5 Cerra
(#6 Conca)
#7 Fyfe
#8 Brayshaw
#9 Acres
#10 Walters
#11 Aish

It's our entire midfield (sans Tucker and Mundy) all grouped together.
Yeah out of his height range next to Hamling and Tabs i spose xD

It's hardly backlash.

Players change all the time. I’m not getting why you’re singling out Henry?

edit: just made the connection, you think it’s disrespectful to Sandi 🤣

Last edited:
Serong vacates 22 to move to 3 how unfortunate.
This is a real slap in the face to Shane Kersten - if Serong wasn't planning on wearing the great 22 for life he should never had pulled it on!

This is a real slap in the face to Shane Kersten - if Serong wasn't planning on wearing the great 22 for life he should never had pulled it on!
this 100%. something is wrong down at Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's hardly backlash.

If he didn't accept it then there'd be people on here bagging him for being a prima donna first year for turning down a famous Docker number offered to him and disrespecting a Club legend. They're just numbers, our players can do what they like with them.

Meek and Bewley changing their numbers....would of thought it be the last thing on the to do list for players of that calibre.

Yeah bit crappy by henry. Clearly has tickets on himself. You can half tell by the way he goes about it on the field too imo.
So Henry has a bit of an ego.....Because he changed numbers?

Henry wanted to change to #23 (or #33) because he idolised Buddy and Rioli growing up.

I find fans way overrate the importance of who wore numbers in a team previously whereas from a player's perspective it is more important that it is meaningful to them individually. Think the important thing (from a Freo perspective) is that the players respect the jumper (and all those who have previously worn it irrespective of number).

Henry wanted to change to #23 (or #33) because he idolised Buddy and Rioli growing up.

I find fans way overrate the importance of who wore numbers in a team previously whereas from a player's perspective it is more important that it is meaningful to them individually. Think the important thing (from a Freo perspective) is that the players respect the jumper (and all those who have previously worn it irrespective of number).

Spot on.

Personally I’m going to believe he was a big Shane Parker fan growing up 👍🏻

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back