Jumper Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 13, 2006
Perth Central
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NY Giants, UM Wolverines
With Gardy and now Dougs gone, we have 2 pretty prized lockers up for grabs. It just happens to be at the front of the room with locker 1 and 2 empty.

Over the yearsm, Heads and kempy have worn the jumpers with pride and are now prized assets. Any ideas on who should take these numbers bearing in mind that: Midfielders generally get the low numbers and you gotta be a pretty decent player.

Thoughts.

the No 2, 11 and 16 ares up for grabs.
Players generally don't change their number after winning a flag in one. :thumbsu:
SO will be interesting if there is much number movement this year,
or even if they will rest the No 2 for a season or so.

the No 2, 11 and 16 ares up for grabs.
Players generally don't change their number after winning a flag in one. :thumbsu:
SO will be interesting if there is much number movement this year,
or even if they will rest the No 2 for a season or so.

I think Mitchell White is the only Eagles player to change his number after winning a flag.

Can't really see any candidates for moving. Maybe Waterman?

My guess is #2 rested, #11 to whoever we take at 20, #16 to Hickey, #24 to whoever we take at 22, #32 Cameron, #29 and #39 to the other draftees.

I think Mitchell White is the only Eagles player to change his number after winning a flag.

Can't really see any candidates for moving. Maybe Waterman?

My guess is #2 rested, #11 to whoever we take at 20, #16 to Hickey, #24 to whoever we take at 22, #32 Cameron, #29 and #39 to the other draftees.
Rosa is back so he will want his old no. 24 back. Coincidence that it is available........I think not!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 DV
11 O'Neill
16 Hickey
18 Foley
24 Waterman
29 Willians
32 Cameron
39 Smith
42 Brooksby
45 Edwards

2 Cameron
11 O’Niell
16 Hickey
24 Foley
29 Williams
32 Bines
39 Riach
40 Smith
42 Brooksby
46 Edwards

Potential number swaps:
Waterman
Brayshaw

2 Cameron
11 O’Niell
16 Hickey
24 Foley
29 Williams
32 Bines
39 Riach
40 Smith
42 Brooksby
46 Edwards

Potential number swaps:
Waterman
Brayshaw

Would not be at all surprised in Snake wants to wear his old mans number 39.

I cannot see any number changes - a GF in that number is special

29 - Williams look like he would jump to keep 29 from his Dandenong days

11 - Fokey as we do not need to signal the Kelly crap by suggesting we will do whatever it takes to get him in 11 months. Suggest it goes from 1 Subiaco guy to another.

2 - O’Neill as the Frenchman was great but would not justify resting his jumper. Our tradition is that highest ranked recruit gets first dibs on the low numbers

16 - Hickey seems to be the consensus

24 - Cameron for me. Want to signal that we see potential and Worsfold was someone who delivered on all the skill he had. After Rosa and Partington, the number needs to have done fun.

Not fussed on what our rookies get.

I’d save 39 for Alex Waterman when we redraft him this time next year following a stellar year at Claremont

Remove this Banner Ad

Back