Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

any more news if the new pies swoop will be worn
Don't think we'll be wearing it I'm afraid... Shame as I really like it and would love to see them wear it as a clash uniform but apparently the rumour is that club president Jeff Browne hates the Swooping Magpie and doesn't want the club wearing it as we were meant to be wearing it earlier in the year against Adelaide at the MCG but it never happened.

But that's just from what I've heard and I'm the furthest away from being an insider at the club so that could be complete BS. I honestly don't know what's going on with it.

South Sydney's planned 2000 jersey before they were kicked out of the NRL before the 2000 season
43573-2000-opera-house-jersey-copy-1300.jpg

From their website;
In 1999, the NRL approved our new jersey which we were planning to use in 2000 if we survived the criteria, which wasn’t to be. The jersey was all myrtle green with a cardinal red outline of a rabbit, with a black stripe on the sleeves with Rabbitohs written in red. The jersey was nicknamed the ‘Opera House’ jersey because of the shape of ears on the rabbit. This jersey was never released for sale.

South Sydney's planned 2000 jersey before they were kicked out of the NRL before the 2000 season
43573-2000-opera-house-jersey-copy-1300.jpg

From their website;
I saw somewhere ages ago that there were going to be variations of this design where the bottom half was going to be black or white (or something like that) a bit like what the Broncos did around the same time (where the sleeves were different colours depending on opponent) but haven't been able to find it since.

Just weird thinking about an alternate universe where we wore that in 2000 and 2001...
Screen Shot 2023-11-15 at 13.04.27.png
Just looks so wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back