Discussion Jumpers That Never Were

Remove this Banner Ad

28378917_10156182618869324_5790660088296982019_n.jpg

Found this on Facebook

This would kinda make sense if AFLW started in 2016 when Collingwood was still with Star Athletic and pictured above would be a prototype jumper for the AFLW side
They would have been prototyping stuff in 2016 in prep for the 2017 season, the jumper Grandsun posted instantly reminded me of these jumpers with sponsors on the front that were leaked in 2016. The signature on it does put me off though, do any Collingwood fans know who it belongs to?
ChUujsZU0AA3JTR.jpg:large

They would have been prototyping stuff in 2016 in prep for the 2017 season, the jumper Grandsun posted instantly reminded me of these jumpers with sponsors on the front that were leaked in 2016. The signature on it does put me off though, do any Collingwood fans know who it belongs to?
ChUujsZU0AA3JTR.jpg:large
How ugly is that collar? It makes the BLK toilet seat look put together and cohesive.

Interesting how the 'long sleeve' has the actual women's sponsors too (that's correct isn't it?). Wonder if it was intended to be the norm?

How ugly is that collar? It makes the BLK toilet seat look put together and cohesive.

Interesting how the 'long sleeve' has the actual women's sponsors too (that's correct isn't it?). Wonder if it was intended to be the norm?
Everything I saw on the development of the AFLW uniforms (and people send me stuff from all over) had sleeves on the jumpers.
My understanding this was a CottonOn plan, and it's no surprise the Geelong Preseason jumpers now have sleeves.
Apparently the players didn't like them because they'd only played in footy jumpers and the idea died (for now).
When it comes back, which it might, the sleeves will be an obvious place to sell additional advertising.
This will look like garbage, but people will be convinced it's a good idea.

Last edited:
Everything I saw on the development of the AFLW uniforms (and people send me stuff from all over) had sleeves on the jumpers.
My understanding this was a CottonOn plan, and it's no surprise the Geelong Preseason jumpers now have sleeves.
Apparently the players didn't like them because they'd only played in footy jumpers and the idea died (for now).
When it comes back, which it might, the sleeves will be an obvious place to sell additional advertising.
This will look like garbage, but people will be convinced it's a good idea.
https://cottonon.com/AU/aflw.html

Weirdly enough I came across this last night. Maybe the trendiest looking AFL promo ever (aside from when the Bombers had that moody 'heritage' jumper unveiling with The xx playing)? Does anyone know how well or how poorly anything AFLW is selling?

Said it before and said it again but there's something comfy looking about those shorts they wear for it. I personally find it sexist they don't make mens versions available of the womens gear.

Also really weird but it seems like COAR has been dropped almost entirely; the only things left are a few mens items. Odd.

https://cottonon.com/AU/aflw.html

Weirdly enough I came across this last night. Maybe the trendiest looking AFL promo ever (aside from when the Bombers had that moody 'heritage' jumper unveiling with The xx playing)? Does anyone know how well or how poorly anything AFLW is selling?

Said it before and said it again but there's something comfy looking about those shorts they wear for it. I personally find it sexist they don't make mens versions available of the womens gear.

Also really weird but it seems like COAR has been dropped almost entirely; the only things left are a few mens items. Odd.

A7EF99A6-5FD3-4D8D-9713-B1DC7BF87173.png

:hearteyes::hearteyes:

I want chicks to rock up to footy games wearing guernseys and double denim now

View attachment 465139

:hearteyes::hearteyes:

I want chicks to rock up to footy games wearing guernseys and double denim now
Yeah even the chick in the Bullies hoodie. Unreal stuff.

Reminds me of going to games as a kid and getting the train back to Freo and seeing girls in oversized anchor jumpers or those old crazy-patterned socks we used to wear pulled up.

The difference between footy gear pulled off well and a footy jumper maybe you look like a feral bogan from Bacchus Marsh chowing down on half-time chips is insane. No bigger difference either way.

Yeah even the chick in the Bullies hoodie. Unreal stuff.

Reminds me of going to games as a kid and getting the train back to Freo and seeing girls in oversized anchor jumpers or those old crazy-patterned socks we used to wear pulled up.

The difference between footy gear pulled off well and a footy jumper maybe you look like a feral bogan from Bacchus Marsh chowing down on half-time chips is insane. No bigger difference either way.

Out of all the places in Victoria you choose Bacchus Marsh. You clearly have never lived there lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back