Sparkle

#SwampratStyle
Oct 3, 2013
BigFooty
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, MELR, UTA, MCI
Anyone got info on this logo from the early noughties?

View attachment 922629
As far as I know, it was a sparsely used secondary logo introduced to ensure we had some form of cat to use on merchandise and marketing materials. At the time, we were using the formal-looking 'Geelong Football Club' and 'GFC' logo as the primary logo

GEELONG VECTOR LOGOTYPE | Geelong, Geelong cats, Geelong football club

It's interesting to note that the secondary logo above never really caught on with many media sources, who continued using either the 'GFC' wordmark or the 80's-90's cat in graphics until late 2007 when the new logos were introduced

I haven't got any images unfortunately, but I do remember seeing the secondary logo on AFL Live 2003, as well as just the Cats eyes on a handful of old member caps. I don't think it was used any further than roughly 2004, and not long after the 2007 Premiership the ageing GFC logo was replaced by the two logos we see today, now with the snarling Cat featuring primarily and a silhouette Cat used fairly commonly, but I'd still refer to it as a secondary logo

Geelong Football Club - Wikipedia
Geelong cats footy logo!! | Geelong football club, Geelong ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DiamondGuy

_zCDvOsdL9Q
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
Anyone got info on this logo from the early noughties?

View attachment 922629
Someone's been on the trademarks website. ;)

I seem to remember it being used in/on the "Cat Chat" magazine I used to receive but I couldn't find any examples just now.

However, I did find the following. A financial statement from 2002 and Select collector cards from 2002 and 2003.

2002a.jpg

2003.jpg
2002d.jpg

Rubber Arm

The Milkman
Oct 10, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong, Chelsea, Rockets

Top Bottom