The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Another prototype Port Macron guernsey used different shade of teal
View attachment 1151792
I personally love that more 'green' version of teal used in the Power's early days, but I can understand why they wanted to move to a more 'blue' teal given the clubs history with it. It would make more sense to stick with that one if they went with a more aquatic moniker like Sharks or Dolphins.

Nickimus Rex

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I personally love that more 'green' version of teal used in the Power's early days, but I can understand why they wanted to move to a more 'blue' teal given the clubs history with it. It would make more sense to stick with that one if they went with a more aquatic moniker like Sharks or Dolphins.
Adelaide Sharks is relaunching a 2022 bid, you heard it here first

eza316

Team Captain
May 30, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It (probably) won't. Castore are still making the player guernseys, Sekem just covering for the time being until properly sized Castore guernseys arrive. Well thats if your CEO isn't lying. Wouldn't be surprised if Eagles have made Castore change the stitching though.
Sekem are still making all the players gear to this day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rubber Arm

The Milkman
Oct 10, 2018
Geelong
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong, Arsenal, Atlanta
View attachment 1170340
2016 Crows guernsey with an all-gold collar. Instead the collar ended up staying the same as 2015, with the bottom/small part of the collar being navy.
Interestingly the long sleeve replicas that year had a navy collar, which makes me think the Crows flirted with a few different colourings for the collar for 2016.
View attachment 1170342
blue collar Long sleeve would be so clean

(Log in to remove this ad.)

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
View attachment 1170340
2016 Crows guernsey with an all-gold collar. Instead the collar ended up staying the same as 2015, with the bottom/small part of the collar being navy.
Interestingly the long sleeve replicas that year had a navy collar, which makes me think the Crows flirted with a few different colourings for the collar for 2016.
View attachment 1170342
I actually really dig the navy collar a lot more than the gold collar and cuffs. Hope they go back to it one day.

MooreTreloar

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs
View attachment 1170340
View attachment 1170342
I saw the top photo and thought it was Bulldogs with a white collar. Haha

Red Crow

Modrarator
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory

Smooth Criminal

Club Legend
Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
1625400259358.png

2007 Saints clash was originally going to have a v-neck and curvier striping going off this.
(As said on page 1 guernsey on the right was never worn as the left guernsey was voted in instead by fans in 2006)
1625400982590.png

This particular guernsey, which I'm guessing is a replica, has the v-neck still but what the players wore had the different collar.
1625401180979.png

Mero

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Mero designed the chevron one iirc
That is correct, and I therefore took a keen interest in the poll on the Saints website in the early months of 2007.
With a day to go, the chevron jumper was several hundred in front of the jumpers with the cracked logo.
Then, overnight, somehow the cracked logo received over a thousand votes and jumped to the lead as time ran out.
I made some enquiries with people I knew at club level, and discovered that jumper designs are approved a year before their use.
The cracked logo jumper had been approved and manufactured before the poll was run on the website.
In 2007 Skins template had the neck bar across the collar, and in 2008 it was removed, however this also had a different sponsor than the jumper shown
1625415235547.png

The_torpedo

I'm stuff
Sep 16, 2016
I have no idea
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Quite a few
That is correct, and I therefore took a keen interest in the poll on the Saints website in the early months of 2007.
With a day to go, the chevron jumper was several hundred in front of the jumpers with the cracked logo.
Then, overnight, somehow the cracked logo received over a thousand votes and jumped to the lead as time ran out.
I made some enquiries with people I knew at club level, and discovered that jumper designs are approved a year before their use.
The cracked logo jumper had been approved and manufactured before the poll was run on the website.
In 2007 Skins template had the neck bar across the collar, and in 2008 it was removed, however this also had a different sponsor than the jumper shown
View attachment 1171062.
:think::think::think:

This explains why the crows randomly stuck with the 2016-17 clash after the poll.......

Wonder if there's a prototype of option E somewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad