exile

Premium Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
never understood the thought process behind watermarks. it's just so... i don't know??

the thin collar looks weird, but the majestic logo underneath paired with it kinda looks like its a good fit. shape is pretty unique, if the collar was the same thickness as the cuffs but maintained the same shape it could be interesting

AxialMat

Busy Vibin’
Jul 14, 2014
Southwest WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, NY Jets
never understood the thought process behind watermarks. it's just so... i don't know??

the thin collar looks weird, but the majestic logo underneath paired with it kinda looks like its a good fit. shape is pretty unique, if the collar was the same thickness as the cuffs but maintained the same shape it could be interesting
When they're super subtle and done for a purpose - Puma using them to denote a PI for instance - then I don't have an issue with them. However when clubs chop and change manufacturers and the watermarks come across as a design element then I agree, it isn't a good look at all.

Nickimus Rex

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
View attachment 1256774
Honestly still looks better than their very sloppy Classic guernseys.
I was actually a fan of Majestic, but yeah can't get behind the watermark at all. I'm pretty sure they introduced it in 2017 when they took the contract, along with a shocking collar which they improved the next year.

thequarry

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah look there's all sorts of things wrong with that Brisbane prototype collar. Majestic collars looked all sorts of strange generally.

Still can't quite get my head around Brisbane running with the watermark.

Nickimus Rex

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Yeah look there's all sorts of things wrong with that Brisbane prototype collar. Majestic collars looked all sorts of strange generally.

Still can't quite get my head around Brisbane running with the watermark.
Yeah the watermark is just not needed. If it was something like the old Fitzroy monogram and the old Bears logo intermittently on the kit, sure i guess, but the Lion on the Lion? why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad